Team Lead Registered Pharmacy Technician
City : Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:12-1832 King Edward Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R2R 0N1
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work-life balance.
Why this role is important?
Team Lead Registered Pharmacy Technician
MediSystem Pharmacy, a Shoppers Drug Mart Company, is an established specialty pharmacy that provides pharmaceutical dispensing and clinical pharmacy consulting services to long term care facilities across Canada. MediSystem services 40,000 residents in over 300 facilities and is proud to be 100% Canadian owned and operated.
MediSystem Pharmacy is committed to optimizing the health, wellness and safety of all residents that we service through the introduction of innovative technologies, continuing education, enhanced clinical services and seamless medication delivery.
Our company's CORE values reflect how we treat all residents, staff in the homes as well as our employees. We CARE about all Canadians, we believe in OWNERSHIP and accountability, RESPECT, and EXCELLENCE in the services we provide.
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work life balance.
About This Role:
The Registered Pharmacy Technician will perform a variety of tasks related to the high-volume distribution of prescribed drugs to various long-term care and complex care sites serviced by MediSystem.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of prepared medication by checking each prescription and ensuring legal compliance and product quality. This includes weekly strip packaged medications, compliance packages and all non-packaged products
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate corrections are completed when identified
- Accurately count and reconcile Narcotic and Controlled medications
- Responsible for checking products in an organized and efficient manner to maintain workflow and ensure delivery routes leave at their scheduled times
- Patient privacy and confidentiality is protected in accordance with regulations
- Keep current with and comply with legal requirements, professional standards, and where provided, workplace policies and procedures
What You'll Need
- Licensed and registered with the College of Pharmacists as Registered Pharmacy Technician (RPhT), in good standing
- Liability insurance to legally practice as a RPhT
- Experience with high volume filling environments is preferred
- Experience working with PacMed or PacVision is an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Complete work with minimal supervision
- Team player and Leadership skills
This role requires employees to be flexible to work a variety of shifts during the business’ hours of operations, which include occasional weekend shifts and statutory holidays. Current site hours are: Monday to Friday 7am-11pm and Saturday 8am-5pm. This site is not open to the public.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.