Team Lead, Overnight Shift – Central Pharmacy Services (CPAK)
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Avenue, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Location: Mississauga, ON
CPAK is a division of Shoppers Drug Mart that prepares the medication packs (CPAKs) that are distributed at the stores to patients. This centralized process enables the pharmacist and team at Shoppers Drug Mart locations to spend their time focusing on what is important – the patient! Working with the team, you will be responsible to ensure that the prepared CPAKs are accurate and prepared in a timely manner. We pride ourselves in having awesome team spirit!
We have a great benefits package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans and Employee Share Ownership Plan.
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada, making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local Shoppers Drug Mart stores in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
About the Role:
The Team Lead will assist the Pharmacy Operations Manager in efficiently overseeing the operations, staff, and equipment to ensure targeted business outcomes are achieved. The Team Lead will lead efforts to integrate, standardize and reinforce the processes and protocols required to provide the best services to facilities and clients in full compliance with regulatory requirements and best practice standards.
The hours are Sunday-Thursday 10PM-6AM with requirements to work some weekends and statutory holidays.
What you will do:
- Oversee the workflow processes to effectively prioritize and manage efficiencies within the team of pharmacy assistants, registered technicians, and pharmacists
- Recommend, implement, and drive continuous improvement activities through the implementation of change management processes, and best practices
- Act as a liaison between the Pharmacy Operations Management Team and team members, providing effective communication regarding team performance, workload, and meeting the needs of the customers
- Improve customer experience through process and people development; show measurable results
- Contribute to management of incidents and near misses in the appropriate time frame
- Ensure patient/resident confidentiality and privacy is protected
- Foster a ground-up culture of accountability, collaboration and continuous improvement that delivers measurable qualitative and quantitative results
- Ensure workflow and all project deadlines are met
- Ensure schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies
- Responsible to hire new staff in accordance with business needs
- Provide effective leadership and regular coaching to team members
- Lead and motivate the team to achieve aggressive operational/performance goals for the site and develop organizational talent
- Maintain a collaborative and productive working relationship with other members of the management team and other departments
- Provide guidance to team members on building strong relationships within the site by reinforcing and expecting use of CORE values and Blue Culture
What you will need:
- A minimum of three years of pharmacy work experience
- A minimum of one year of leadership experience is considered an asset
- Leadership and management qualification or willingness to obtain is considered an asset
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated ability to manage others while adhering to company values and policies
- Strong computer skills such as email communication and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity; ability to manage multiple priorities in a regulated environment
- Strong relationship building capabilities and capacity to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.