Team Lead – Machine Shop
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Hourly Direct Hire
Industry : Recruitment/Staffing
Employer : The Adecco Group
Adecco extends a warm and exclusive invitation for you to embark on an extraordinary career journey filled with excitement and purpose. Join us as an indispensable leader within our client's dynamic team in Ottawa, ON, at the heart of the thriving engineering industry. As a permanent, full-time Team Lead - Machine Shop, you will stand at the forefront of innovation, playing an instrumental role in shaping the industry's future.
In this remarkable position, your responsibilities will include masterfully managing the workload of welders, assemblers, and machinists within the machine shop, ensuring the seamless fulfillment of ongoing production demands. Your coordination with various departments will guarantee that production goals are not only met but exceeded, all while maintaining strict timelines. With a keen eye for detail, you will meticulously inspect completed work, rectifying any defects or errors to uphold the highest quality standards. Handling quality issues and fostering exceptional internal customer interactions will be key facets of your role.
To thrive in this role, our ideal candidate possesses a Mechanical Technician – Toolmaking diploma or equivalent, backed by a stellar track record of at least 10+ years in project management or a related capacity. Additionally, certifications as a General Machinist or Welder are required, along with a solid 5+ years of experience in overseeing the day-to-day activities of a Machine Shop.
Don't let this thrilling and unique opportunity pass you by – seize the moment, apply today, and embark on a journey that promises nothing less than the extraordinary! Your career awaits.
• Salary: $35 - $40/hour
• Location: East Ottawa, ON
· Schedule: Monday – Friday
· Job Type: Permanent | Full-time
Why apply for this role:
• Competitive salary, benefits, profit share bonus program
• Remote working options
• A fantastic culture, team and energy to work with
• Superb work location in Ottawa’ East End (Canotek Business Park)
• Social activities, company sponsored events and opportunities to give back to our local community
o Staff Management
• Managing the workload of welders, assemblers and machinists in the machine shop to ensure that ongoing production demands are met.
• Ensuring that all safety regulations are always followed by workers, including wearing appropriate safety equipment such as safety glasses and safety boots while operating equipment and machinery.
• Scheduling staff work and verifying attendance records for compliance with company policies.
• Assigning tasks to machinists based on their skill level and knowledge of specific machines or processes.
o Production Management
• Coordinating with other departments to ensure that production goals are met on time.
• Prioritizing tasks and delegating responsibilities effectively.
• Overseeing the work of the machinists and providing technical assistance when needed
• Overseeing the work of the welder and providing technical assistance when needed.
• Determining project deliverables for internal production requests.
• Identifying and solving problems that arise during production.
o Quality Management
• Inspecting completed work for defects or errors and adjusting it accordingly
• Handling quality issues and internal customer interactions
• Collaborating with the Calibration and Maintenance group to schedule maintenance and repairs on machinery as needed.
• Ensure lean Manufacturing processes are implemented and sustained.
• Please note that this job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will ever be required of an employee in the job.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
• Mechanical Technician – Toolmaking diploma or equivalent with at least 10 + years of demonstrated project management experience or related role.
• General Machinist or Welder Certification
• 5 + years managing the day to day activities of a Machine Shop
• Have a strong knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety requirements for each role within the shop (Machinist, Welders, Machinist Helpers)
• 5 + years managing a department budget, hiring, training of a shop
• Experience in AS9100 environments
• High motivation with results-oriented focus
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Eligible to obtain a Security Clearance (NATO Level Clearance)
Are you interested in this Team Lead – Machine Shop position in Ottawa? Don't wait any longer, send us your application! Our dynamic recruiting team is ready to welcome you and support you on the path to success!
Do you feel like you might be lacking some skills for this position? Don't worry - we've got you covered. Click here to learn more about the Aspire Academy and start your free training journey today.