Team Lead – Contract Administration
City : Waterloo
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Team Lead - Contract Administration - ( 210001LU )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Team Leads are the ‘glue’ that holds their team together, they inspire their team to give their best and they ensure the team has the resources they need to deliver and drive client satisfaction. If you feel passionately about leading people, then this is the role for you.
The role involves leading a team of approximately 10 staff across Southwestern Ontario and the Greater Toronto area with some significant growth opportunities. Our Contract Administration Team partners with our team of civil and vertical designers to ensure the constructability and proper tendering practices. They are also the front line on the construction site to ensure those designs come to life. The Contract Administration team works on a broad range of projects and is responsible to liaise with the design team, the client, the contractor and the general public, in a delicate balance of priorities in real time.
You could be located in any one of our offices in Downtown Toronto, Stoney Creek, Waterloo, London or Windsor and would have the opportunity to work on projects across the GTA and southwestern Ontario.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Team Lead, your role involves:
- Responsibility for workload scheduling of team members, maintaining and monitoring utilization while ensuring that appropriate resources are available to address project needs.
- Identifying any required new hires or changes to staffing for the team, identifying new areas for growth, coordinating the recruitment process and conducting interviews and hiring processes.
- Responsible for ensuring the Performance Review process is completed for all team members.
- Makes recommendations regarding compensation adjustments.
- Responsible for coordinating, mentoring and training of all team members.
- Establishes standard procedures to maintain quality assurance standards as required.
- Ensures that projects are assigned the required technical oversight.
- Provides leadership regarding contract administration issues and coordinates legal reviews as may be required.
- Ensures that quality reviews are completed and documented.
- Responsible for identifying needs and procuring computer hardware, software and engineering equipment required for the team.
- In addition to acting as a Team Lead, and depending on your particular skillset, you may also be acting as a the Contract Administrator on some of our largest projects. In this role you would be responsble for the following:
+ Daily oversight and supervision of the site inspectors for assigned projects and administration of the construction contract.
+ Oversees and administers health and safety policies on site, including educating and mentoring construction inspection staff on health and safety policies and procedures.
+ Observing and reviewing projects during construction, monitoring conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations.
+ Monitoring the progress of construction activities, ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
+ Reviews requests for payment draws from Contractors and prepares payment certifications to the project owner.
+ Communicates with and makes recommendations to the Project Manager, Client and design team to resolve site issues.
+ Provides a public relations role to the public on construction projects.
+ Provides the Project Manager and/or Client with updates on project progress or delays.
+ Reviews change orders and field orders for reasonableness of pricing and constructability.
+ Reviews plans, specifications, requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
+ Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including correspondence, reports, and pictures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading a team of professionals in a consulting environment.
- Demonstrated technical and leadership experience in the construction industry and efficient management of assigned tasks on multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of client expectations, regulatory requirements, legal requirements, tendering procedures and processes, budgeting, proposal writing, and producing high quality deliverables.
- Solid understanding of design and construction methods in various disciplines of civil infrastructure and vertical design.
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of design and construction codes.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or diploma from a accredited educational institutional with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Windsor, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1656 Water-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 29, 2021, 10:25:58 AM
Req ID: 210001LU
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans