Team Lead Constructions Services Markham/Barrie
City : Markham, ON
Category : Environment - Geotechnical & Materials
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
You’ll provide leadership for a dynamic, growing team, using your technical and leadership skills to deliver for our clients, our people and our firm.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You'll serve as the key contact person for a team of 15-25 individuals;
- You’ll remains active on project delivery (utility to be determined with Director based on team size and needs), while ensuring high quality technical work including field methodology, reporting and client deliverables;
- You’ll be responsible for coordination of work for your team members with other Team Leaders and the Directors;
- You’ll monitor project health, both technically and financially;
- You will be responsible for day-to-day management of human resources;
- You’ll monitor recruitment/staffing needs to meet project and budget targets;
- You will prepare technical and financial proposals for clients;
- You’ll develop new business through targeted BD, marketing initiatives and client management;
- You will be accountable for Health and Safety of every team member.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- A College Diploma in a Civil Engineering Technician / Technology or Construction Engineering Technician / Technology diploma program, preferably with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering;
- People skills and a desire and ability to work in a team environment;
- Interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrating a "Safety-First" focus and acting as a role model to other staff;
- Leadership skills; and,
- Valid driver's license.