Team Assistant, Maintenance, VI
City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
($45,449.88 - $51,540.17 Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance, the Team Assistant is responsible for providing support related to maintenance functions. He/she/they ensures that all Modernization and Improvement (M&I) capital project documentation and financial requirements are in accordance with guidelines, appropriate acts and BC Housing Supply Policy. The position is responsible for project administration; completion of contract administration requirements for major and minor capital repair projects; and preparation of accurate and timely tendering documents.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma and completion of post-secondary courses in finance, administration or other relevant field .
- Considerable experience in project administration or related administration field.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Criminal Record Check Required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of general office administration procedures
- Sound knowledge of construction and maintenance terminology
- Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and grammatical usage
- Working knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Some knowledge of construction processes and building envelope failure
- Some knowledge of cash flow analysis and budgeting of construction projects
- Excellent project administration skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan ahead three or more months in advance of critical dates
- Proficient in the use of various computer applications including Word, spreadsheet, database and other project management applications
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and understand invitational and public procurement and tendering practises
- Ability to handle large volumes of work with the requirement to meet multiple tight deadlines
- Ability to read and review construction contracts, Change Orders and other contract documentation
- Ability to exercise good judgement in dealing with matters of a financial or confidential nature