Tax Specialist, Financial Department
City : Hamilton
Category : Financial
Industry : Manufacturing
Employer : ArcelorMittal
Requisition ID: 29889
Do you want to work at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers? We’re looking for people who are driven by excellence to work with innovative technology to create the material tomorrow’s world will be made of.
At ArcelorMittal Dofasco, we play a key role in North America’s advanced manufacturing supply chain working with the top automotive, energy, packaging, and construction brands to develop lighter, stronger and more sustainable steel products – from cans to cars.
We are at the forefront of the steel industry with a plan to change the way we make steel to significantly reduce GHG emissions in the short term, while reaching net zero before 2050. Ours will be the first integrated steelmaking site in the world to make this transformation and it will happen by 2028. Our global company is leading the world with significant decarbonization projects in North America and Europe and our site is key to this plan.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is Hamilton's largest private sector employer with more than 4,500 employees, shipping 4.5 million net tons of high quality flat carbon steel annually. Our iconic tagline "Our Product is Steel. Our Strength is People." is a true expression of our belief that our people are our competitive advantage.
Prepare Canadian tax returns and tax calculations to facilitate accurate accounting and reporting of all current and future taxes. Provide minor administrative support to the Director of Corporate Taxation and Internal Audit Department.
- Prepare Federal & Provincial income tax returns as well as other required reporting schedules for ArcelorMittal subsidiaries in Canada on a timely and accurate basis.
- Prepare monthly and annual calculations of income tax provisions and future income tax assets and / or liabilities for for ArcelorMittal subsidiaries in Canada.
- Maintain current knowledge of Canadian tax laws and regulations and accounting pronouncements particularly those pertaining to the accounting for income taxes.
- Participate in the identification of tax compliance issues resulting from changes in tax laws or in business transactions or procedures; participate in the resolution of identified tax compliance issues and problems; and participate in the communication of the issues and their resolution.
- Participate and / or carry out tax research or tax planning projects.
- Assist in internal and external tax audits.
- Provide work direction and technical support to junior staff.
- Provide support for indirect tax and customs on special projects.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Corporate Tax & Internal Audit departments including maintenance of departmental files, managing logistics including scheduling of meetings and plant tours, preparation of reports and presentations, manage travel and expense reporting for department staff.
Education & Accreditation:
- Minimum university degree in Business or Commerce.
- Minimum 5 years of tax experience.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) is required.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA).
Skills & Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of Tax Prep software is required.
- Thorough knowledge of tax accounting as it pertains to current and future taxation principals.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting for fxed assets and the related tax rules therin.
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Intermediate personal computer, standard corporate software applications and applicable systems skills are required.
- Office environment. This position is eligible for remote work in accordance with our remote work policy.
Hours of Work:
Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads.
Total Rewards at ArcelorMittal Dofasco
- We provide employees with a market competitive total compensation package. Our promise is to provide superior pay for superior performance, accompanied by comprehensive health and wellness, pension, vacation and related programs.
- Competitive hourly rates and shift premium
- On your first day you will immediately be eligible for:
- Bonus paid quarterly based on Company performance on key goals. Your bonus target will be 10% of base salary earnings.
- Company paid Defined Contribution Pension Plan. No employee contribution required. With employer contributions between 5 and 10%.
- Competitive vacation allowances
- Group Benefits with no health and dental premiums.
- For health and dental claims you only pay amounts above the maximums the plan pays.
- Life insurance premiums are shared with the company.
After two years of permanent company service you will participate in our Profit Sharing, where all permanent employees share equally in allocation of profits.
Other immediate benefits include:
- Competitive vacation entitlements
- PPE and workwear provided at no cost (if required)
- Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
- Free access to three onsite fitness centers and our 70-acre recreation park with multiple arenas, fields and organized sports for you and your family
We would like to thank all those who apply in advance since only applicants selected to complete an online assessment will be contacted.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply and we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.