Tax Senior Manager, Global Mobility Services
City : Calgary
Category : Tax
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Working with the Tax Managers and Partners, the successful candidate will provide compliance and advisory-related tax services. You will be responsible for overseeing a variety of clients, developing relationships with clients and team members, providing cross-border personal tax and mobility expertise, looking for ways to constantly innovate and improve, and helping to grow our practice as we expand into new client opportunities and service offerings.
What you will do
- Leading client engagements of various sizes.
- International assignment program management - manage all aspects of a client engagement.
- Tax compliance management - Canadian and US personal tax - tax returns, tax projections, tax equalizations, tax briefings with assignees, cross-border (shadow) payroll.
- Advising on various mobility issues such as related to business travelers and cross-border remote work arrangements.
- Reviewing the work of others.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a public accounting firm specializing in personal Canadian and US tax and/or expertise in cross-border Canada-US payroll matters.
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing effective interaction with staff and clients;
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude, with a desire to learn.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to understand the clients' businesses.
- Ability and interest in developing new markets and in working in a growing business environment;
- Excellent computer skills – Excel experience is required.
- Enrollment in an accounting designation a definite asset but it is not required.
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.