Tax Manager/Senior Manager
City : Regina
Category : Tax
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
As a senior team member in our Enterprise practice, you will work closely with KPMG Partners to bring business advisory services to private companies and high net worth individuals. This role will focus on understanding the client’s values and objectives in order to design tax planning initiatives to meet the client’s requirements. The ideal candidate will have excellent project management skills and be innovative in designing solutions to help our clients meet their financial and lifestyle goals.
What you will do
- Work closely with the Partners and other client service team members in designing ownership and governance structures for private company clients.
- Build and develop estate plans, incorporating tax and financial knowledge as well as an understanding of the client’s objectives.
- Leverage knowledge of tax legislation to design strategies for transition and succession.
- Provide ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
- Work with other office members in attracting new work to the firm.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
- Experience with estate planning, financial planning, business transition, and taxation strategies.
- A professional and responsive approach in order to be a trusted business advisor to entrepreneurs and senior level management.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and ability to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions.
- CPA, LLB or similar professional designation is an asset.
- Completed, or a willingness to complete the CPA In-Depth tax course.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.