Tax Manager, Business Enablement Services
City : Vaughan
Category : Finance
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
The Tax Manager is responsible for supporting the Business Enablement Services (BES) – Finance team. Under the direction of the Senior Manager, BES Finance, the Tax Manager will be supporting corporate tax compliance of the firm and its subsidiaries.
What you will do
- Analyze information and financial data to prepare schedules and working papers for tax reporting;
- Analyze month-end and year-end financial reports for review by key stakeholders;
- Support the preparation of the financial statements for the firm and its subsidiaries for tax purposes;
- Provide finance support for the purchase and integration of acquisitions;
- Develop and improve departmental information flows by analyzing information requirements and sources and seeking efficiencies in processes to improve overall value of the function;
- Ad-hoc projects or analysis as required.
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent;
- 5+ years of financial analysis or accounting experience;
- Robust knowledge of accounting principles and concepts;
- Experience in financial statement preparation;
- Working knowledge of Canadian corporate tax;
- Knowledge and experience with acquisitions (including audit of opening balances and purchase price allocation);
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently;
- Exceptional data management skills;
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels within the firm;
- Strong organizational, analytical, and presentation skills;
- Identifies and prioritizes high importance requests both internally and with clients;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail – this involves the ability to work quickly and accurately under the pressure of deadlines and changing priorities.
- Experience in reconciling accounting income to taxable income;
- Working knowledge of dividends, income processing, and reorganization
- Advanced Excel skills, including working knowledge of pivot-tables;
- Knowledge of Hyperion and SAP is a plus.
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.