Tax Administrator – 1 year contract
City : Montreal, QC, CA, H3A3L6
Category : Tax Preparer
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 163176
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of a Scotiatrust Taxation Services unit in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Prepares income tax returns by proactively gathering and analysing all relevant supporting documentation, such as income statements, transactions, tax slips, capital gains & losses statements, fees deductions and relevant credits.
• Discusses tax rules and tax elections with the Tax Officer, Associate Tax Officer and/or Manager, Taxation, and assess client tax situations, performs detailed analysis, undertakes research and provides suggestions around specific courses of action in less complex situations.
• Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring thorough knowledge of, and strict adherence to, the Bank’s Global Sales Practices, ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
• Post-secondary degree or diploma
• Willing to complete the STEP or CSI Taxation Courses and keeps up-to-date with respect to legislative changes, particularly the frequent changes to the taxation of individuals, estates, trusts, corporations, and registered charities
• Excellent computer skills are required, particularly in the use of tax preparation programs and MS Office, SalesForce and the Broadridge Trust System Working Conditions
• Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.