Talent Management Specialist (Hybrid) (2024-05E)
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Contract
Industry : Government
Employer : Ontario Pension Board (OPB)
Talent Management Specialist
(2 Year Contract)
Reporting to the Manager of Organizational Development & Learning, the Talent Management Specialist will work closely with colleagues and internal and external stakeholders at the Ontario Pension Board (OPB). The Talent Management Specialist will support the learning lifecycle by identifying, designing, developing, delivering, implementing, and evaluating the talent management programs and initiatives across the organization. Working with various levels and teams at OPB, the successful candidate will ensure programs and initiatives align with OPB’s strategic directions, enhance leader and employee effectiveness and support engagement and retention.
• Design instructionally sound learning programs that support identified knowledge and upskilling needs with a focus on OD principles, leading practices, and current trends in adult learning. Programs will be centered around talent management, employee and leadership development, succession planning, performance management, recognition, competency frameworks, employee engagement, and organizational effectiveness.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to assess target audience’s learning requirements, develop recommendations, programs, learning activities, and action plans.
• Manage the entire life cycle of talent management projects i.e. design/development, stakeholder engagement, creation of materials, approval etc.
• Gather feedback from employees and leaders to evaluate the effectiveness of learning programs by designing and managing post-implementation measurement tools and conducting post sessions surveys.
• Research new and appropriate learning content, delivery methods, learning materials and assessment instruments as needed.
• Manage relationships with external vendors, including training providers to ensure the delivery of high-quality programs and services.
• Coordinate with the Communications team to develop and prepare communications and promotional materials using various internal and external media.
• Support the Manager, Organizational Development & Learning in maintaining program budgets.
• Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience including organizational development, talent management, succession planning, performance management, recognition, competency models, learning and development and/or instructional design.
• Ability to foster high value internal stakeholder relationships by demonstrating a clear understanding of the stakeholder’s business requirements and identifying the appropriate solutions to address their unique educational needs.
• Ability to integrate business objectives and organizational goals into program delivery and support program design.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated capacity to connect and collaborate effectively with diverse teams, facilitating the establishment of shared goals, fostering consensus, and promoting cooperative decision-making.
• Think strategically and critically and ask targeted questions to determine needs and respond appropriately.
• Learn quickly; demonstrate dependability, professionalism, and innovation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Completion or in progress of completing a certificate or degree in Adult Education or demonstrated experience and knowledge of learning and development programs with adult populations preferred.
Please submit your resume if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
The competition will remain open until a successful candidate is selected or until the competition is closed.
OPB is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity and inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
OPB is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process.
Please advise OPB if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
This competition is open to all employees of OPB and has been advertised on LinkedIn.
Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.