Talent Acquisition Manager – Campus
City : ALBERTA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Talent Acquisition Manager - Campus - ( 240000K3 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works to support operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 28,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our Functional Services Teams (FSTs) include Corporate Development, Finance, Human Resources, HSSE, IT, Legal, Marketing/Communications, Practice Services and Real Estate and Procurement. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
Join a team of passionate individuals at Stantec, where talent and determination come together to create great things. We are seeking a driven individual with a strong commitment to building relationships and furthering our campus strategy. As the leader of our North American campus recruitment strategy, you will play a vital role in developing, planning, and executing talent strategies and scalable programs that attract top talent to Stantec. Are you ready to make a difference? Apply now and be a part of something great.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead a dispersed team of Talent Acquisition Consultants that are focused full life cycle recruitment for intern and co-op requisition, with the responsibility to source and fill all open requisitions each term/semester.
- Partner across the organization to ensure the strategy meets the needs of the business and is executed effectively.
- Partner with our Human Resources Client Services team, Talent Acquisition Managers, and business leaders to develop insights into early in career talent needs.
- Support our Community Engagement team on bursary and scholarship strategies that can attract top talent to Stantec.
- Provide regular reporting to share insights, plans and progress to senior leadership team on all campus related key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics (i.e. # of hires, # of applications, conversions) for programs and the overall strategy.
Campus and New Grad Programs
- Develop and execute campus recruiting strategies that are aimed at attracting and retaining a diverse pipeline of entry level talent.
- Evaluate current campus programs and processes and identify opportunities for further program improvements and process enhancements.
- Understand what schools Stantec is targeting and why, and where we are currently investing and supporting bursaries and scholarships.
- Create innovative and differentiated talent attraction strategies to secure top students and new grads.
- Analyze campus recruitment metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment strategies and identify areas to improve.
- Further our university relations strategy at specific targeted schools
- Lead the planning, managing and measurement of campus recruitment success, including key metrics and return on investment for campus recruitment and programs.
- Direct event planning efforts, creating timelines and project plans associated with academic event sand IDE key conferences and including influencing stakeholders’ attendance.
Recruitment Diversity Strategy
- Partner with our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity team to understand organizational diversity goals and develop and drive campus outreach strategies that establish representative talent pipelines/talent pools.
- Support the execution of Stantec’s HBCU strategy and intentional approach to recruitment at selected schools.
- Identify partnerships and partner with business leaders to cultivate relationships with diversity organizations that can help advance our diversity strategies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Experience in growing a campus recruitment function and managing a dispersed team.
- A strong understanding of campus processes, administration, and schedules across North America including ranking and non-ranking institutions.
- Established people leadership skills including proven ability to successfully mentor, coach and motivate direct reports to build a high performing team.
- Can help others navigate complicated/complex or unusual situations that may not have precedence.
- Capability to adapt and ensure team engagement during change management.
- Deeply customer-service oriented and can actively listen and understand business priorities/issues, developing viable solutions.
- Achievement oriented individual who possesses a positive 'can-do' attitude, continually striving for excellence and opportunities to improve value to our client(s).
- Strong planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills and can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a complex, matrixed organization, communicate with multiple stakeholders and comfortable presenting to senior leaders.
- Ability to present a thoughtful point-of-view with persuasion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to develop, measure and report on programs objectives and results.
- Broad knowledge of recruiting technology and trends
- Experience working within the architecture, engineering, construction industry, or professional services environment (strongly) preferred.
- Designations such as RPR, PHR, CHRP, AIRS, or LinkedIn Certified Professional Recruiter are an asset but not required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Human Resources, Business, or a related field.
- A minimum of ten years of progressive experience in campus recruitment and programming
- At least three years of experience managing others preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties, obligations, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario, Canada-Alberta
Organization : BC-1297 HR Talent Acquisition-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 9, 2024, 3:14:16 PM
Req ID: 240000K3
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans