Systems Specialist, Cloud and Data Center
City : Dartmouth
Category : IT, Telecom & Internet
Industry : Administrative and support services
Employer : J.D. Irving
SYSTEMS SPECIALIST, CLOUD AND DATA CENTER
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Systems Specialist is a collaborative member of the Cloud and Data Center team. This position will deliver products and solutions, support and maintain lifecycle on services and solutions that are in place, as well as to satisfy business and operational requirements through the efficient use of internally established and industry best practices. This position will be at the most modern Shipyard in North America.
- Deliver on KTLO, Security Access Requests (SARs), Incident and Service Requests
- Fault, Event and Performance Monitoring
- Execute on Repeatable Builds
- Manage and Execute on Risks and Vulnerabilities
- Process Improvement of infrastructure support processes for all Tiered support levels
- Process Automation
- Deliver on the implementation of infrastructure products and solutions
- Engage in the certification and introduction of new products and solutions for our services and customers (executing testing and acceptance)
- Conduct research based on requirements and develop recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards
- Monitor and analyze capacity and performance on the infrastructure and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing infrastructure demands
- Participate in an on-call rotation to serve and support our customers
- Work alongside a diverse team supporting the technology landscape established to manufacture the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) class of the National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSP)
- A university Degree, College Diploma
- 3-8 Years of Experience in IT Environments (Systems)
- Knowledge/Experience in Systems; Active Directory (AD), AD Federated Services (ADFS), Server OS (Windows/Linux), Virtualization, Storage, Enterprise Backup Services
- Knowledge or Experience in Cloud Platforms such as Azure and Amazon
- Attention to Detail (Planning and Prioritization)
- Strong communication skills
- Customer and Delivery Focus
- Resourceful and adaptable
- Persuasive and collaborative
- Microsoft Certified Systems Associate, or Microsoft Certified Azure Associate
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Six Sigma – Yellow Belt Certification
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
JDI IT: Who we are and what we offer
The belief that what people experience matters more than technology is part of our foundational core. We also believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success. These centering values – some of our non-negotiables - guide our decisions and inform how we show up daily. Join a team that aims to simply the path forward and inspire commitment.
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer the opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supports the entire J.D. Irving Limited group of companies which means we offer opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and “getting it done”!
We believe in the power of diverse teams and invest in continuous professional growth. We are seeking naturally curious change makers looking to join a collaborative and motivated team. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.