Systems Developer – Investment Trading Solutions Portfolio
City : See posting
Category : Full time
Industry : Public Services/Utilities
Employer : Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Why you’ll love working here:
high-performance, people-focused culture
our commitment that equity, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees with recent additions to promote inclusive coverage to a diverse employee population. These recent additions include gender affirmation and fertility drug and treatment coverage
membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent employees
virtual fitness, yoga and meditation classes, nutritional consultations and wellness seminars
we offer a hybrid flexible work model that embraces remote work in Ontario for eligible roles
the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
We are looking for passionate, Full Stack Systems Developers to help us build, support, and expand our cutting-edge trading technology portfolio!
Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (“HOOPP”) is one of the top performing and fastest growing pension funds in the world, with over $114 billion in net assets under management. HOOPP invests in all major asset classes, including fixed-income, public equity, private equity, real estate, and infrastructure.
As our fund grows, we are updating our technology to handle higher transaction volumes and more complex investment strategies. The Investment Trading Solutions Portfolio delivers technological solutions that enable our business clients to manage, analyze and grow their business. We innovate to build custom software solutions, automating trading and settlements, so the business can scale.
This portfolio is broad in scope which supports the following areas of investment trading including:
- Futures, FX, Bond, Equity, and Swaps trading
- Collateral Management and Trading
- Payments and settlement tracking and processing
The Tech Stack:
Our applications are built on a collection of Spring Boot/Kotlin/Java, .NET Core, Kafka, ReactJS, and microservices running on Kubernetes in AWS. Most of our CI/CD is on Azure Pipelines, though bulk of the work is done by our custom mini platform that we wrote on top of Kubernetes. We are cloud native for infrastructure security, messaging, databases, and other features.
What you will do:
- Design, build, and maintain high quality software applications and features.
- Lead design sessions, code reviews, and promote the community of internal developers.
- Actively participate in Agile Scrum practices.
- Develop standards, patterns, and practices to improve the craft of software development
- Resolve dependencies on other teams, educate developers who will use the feature, and migrate any affected production services.
- Resolve complex production issues spanning multiple systems and technologies.
- Quickly learn, evaluate, and apply new concepts and technologies.
- Teach and mentor other team members technical skills and best practices.
- Create a safe, supportive, and participatory environment that produces ongoing mutual respect.
- Ask powerful questions, create awareness, and guide team members in decision making
- As needed participation in off-hours support and maintenance. We write our code to be highly available, so we don’t have to work on weekends, we don’t like it either.
- Actively participate and contribute to Agile/ Scrum practices such as daily standups, backlog refinement, planning and sprint retrospectives.
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience of full stack development – We will be considering candidates at varying experience levels as there are multiple openings to fill!
- Experience with at least two general purpose languages or frameworks, one of which should include:
- Java, Kotlin, C#
- Spring Boot, ASP.NET Core, MVC
- React, Redux, HTML, CSS
- Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, related field and/or relevant experience
- Experience leading delivery on major features.
- Excellent knowledge of software development design patterns.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to take end-to-end ownership.
- Proficiency with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Skilled in modern development tools and practices, such as git, CI/CD, unit testing.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or experience with the following:
- MS SQL
- Distributed messaging systems