System Services Representative- Belleville
City : Hamilton
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
System Services Representatives are the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware and software support and delivery of operational services. Sound pretty important? Absolutely! You will advise clients of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may drastically impact product performance or impair the client's IT operation.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The SSR(Service Support Representative) is the primary technical interface to customers.
- The on-site service and installation of high-volume products like printers, personal computing, and banking equipment.
- Additionally, they may also advise customers of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may impact product performance or impair customer's IT operation.
- They may also perform activities such as systems assurance, installation planning, discontinuance, and relocation of IBM and non-IBM systems and products.
- An SSR is accountable to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with their service delivery, technical support, and operational services in customer accounts. When critical situations occur, they manage the situation until the problem is resolved.
- The work environment is a 7x24 operation, so shift work and on-call rotations are part of the role.
- Travelling to customer locations is required so you must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- A company vehicle may be provided to a suitable applicant.
This job will be filled in - Belleville - Kingston area
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong execution and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and set priorities
- Experience responding to customers concerns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive self-starter
- Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Computer servicing proficiency, including knowledge of associated software
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• College or higher degree desirable.
About Business UnitIBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.