City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Compliance
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbors, family members and colleagues. We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
Loblaw Companies Limited is a purpose-led company, helping Canadians live life well. It operates food, drug, health and wellness, apparel and financial services that touch the lives of millions of Canadians each day. It is Canada’s largest retailer and private employer – a presence in thousands of communities nationwide.
Loblaw is a family company, started more than a century ago. For generations, the company has understood and acted upon the responsibility of business to have a positive impact on the communities where it operates. Building on its 15-year Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program, the company has initiated an Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) program that is purpose-led and increasingly well recognized by the company’s many stakeholders.
Loblaw is looking for a Sustainability Specialist to help deliver priority ESG initiatives across the company’s control brand portfolio. The Sustainability Specialist will support product teams to coordinate, plan and align on sustainability initiative programs as outlined in the Loblaw Brands sustainability road map.
This role will report into the Sr Director Quality and Sustainability, working in close coordination with functional peers responsible for championing sustainability within the Loblaw Brands product portfolios.
The ideal candidate will ideally have experience in project management, data analysis, and knowledge relevant to sustainable food systems associated with consumer goods sold for retail.
- Support and oversee project planning and delivery of the sustainability roadmap through information and resource coordination, tracking of timelines, and defining deliverables and OKRs
- Collaborate with Loblaw Brands product management and sustainability champion teams to identify opportunities to strengthen and build sustainability initiatives within product portfolios for retail consumer goods
- Lead and complete administration of sustainability certifications, such as annual palm oil reporting and sustainable seafood compliance
- Support ESG-related company communication and reporting through accurate and auditable data analysis to a range of stakeholders, including customers, colleagues, and NGO’s.
- Lead and support the development and implementation of the future data collection processes for sustainability information by liaising with the stakeholders
Ideal candidates will offer the following:
- Passion for sustainability and social impact
- College/University diploma in related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience with sustainable food systems, such as seafood, palm oil, coffee, animal welfare, and sustainable materials
- Knowledge of sustainability principles and practices including claims, certifications and NGO’s
- Familiarity with ESG reporting disclosures
- Project management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skill set with ability to manage large complex databases and spreadsheets with strong abilities in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Qualtrics
- Strong communications and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in the following will be an asset:; retail; consumer packaged goods; certifications
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.