City : Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Finance & Accounting
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Calgary or Edmonton, Alberta
Mattamy Homes Canada
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Sustainability is one of Mattamy’s core values and the Sustainability Manager is an exciting, new role driving operational efficiencies focused on carbon and waste reduction in close partnership with our Purchasing, Construction, Land Development, and Architecture teams. This role will lead, champion, and evangelize Mattamy’s sustainability initiatives at the Divisional level.
What you’ll do
- Influence operation efficiencies with field visits to verify quantities of each construction category against financial and carbon budgets, creating appropriate plans to make necessary changes.
- Research, cost, propose, pilot, and monitor environmental initiatives and sustainable products through collaboration and with support from members of the Divisional Senior Management Team and Director of ESG.
- Develop, monitor, and report on environmental metrics within the division including those that quantify the value of specific initiatives.
- Lead homebuilding team in reducing waste and recycling efforts.
- Be familiar with National and Local building codes, communicating and planning for future code changes.
- Partner with:
- the functional groups which develop the vision for each new community to ensure integration of the environmental objectives.
- Sales and Marketing to ensure that the environmental features for each new community are fully reflected in the sales and marketing collateral.
- the division’s disciplines (Architecture, Purchasing, Construction, Land) to ensure the functionality and uniformity of working drawings, details and standards for green building initiatives and value engineering.
- Assist in storm water and erosion control with Land Development and Operations.
- Initiate and identify further waste and carbon reduction, as well as recycle opportunities.
- Manage energy efficiency metrics such as regional HERS scores, utility rebates, and plan analysis.
- Model rebate and energy efficiency impacts of potential equipment and technologies.
- When applicable, set up and coordinate divisional committees focused on sustainability (i.e., “Green Team”)
- Work with internal and external experts to facilitate the delivery of sustainability education and training for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform carbon accounting to determine opportunities for lower carbon alternatives.
- Participate in industry sponsored sustainability committees and technical councils (i.e., GOHBA/OHBA/CHBA etc.).
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, or Sustainable Building Preferred. Degrees in Engineering, Planning, Construction Management, or other Business area may be considered with relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in residential single family or multi-family construction with a knowledge and understanding of residential home building disciplines and estimating.
- Must have passion for and exposure to Sustainability
- Demonstrated ability to work with external parties, trade partners, suppliers, and industry peers.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong focus on execution of plans and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people of all levels of the organization, including but not limited to Purchasing, Design Studio, Construction, Permitting and Architecture.
- Must have or be able to obtain Excel “Power User” skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude, responsive and action oriented.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Experience with JD Edwards, Revit, BluBeam, and/or BuildPro
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.