City : Moncton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Sustainability Consultant - ( 2300038O )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Our Stantec team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia has a full-time opportunity for an experienced Sustainability Consultant in the Buildings Engineering group. Stantec has an established team of multi-disciplinary of Architects and Engineers all around the world. As a part of our team, you will likely find yourself collaborating with colleagues in various offices across Atlantic Canada and other parts of Canada.
We are seeking someone with 3-years or more experience specifically with LEED and/or Green Globes, who will manage and facilitate from start to completion, the green building certification process for new construction or retrofit buildings.
Your Key Responsibilities
This role entails managing deliverables for various simultaneously occurring projects, while advising and coordinating efforts with our multi-disciplinary team and our clientele with respect to the green building process. You will be responsible for tracking the green building compliance scorecard from early design stages to post-construction and preparing/reviewing to ensure all required documentation is completed and compiled at necessary intervals. This position warrants some travel, which may be for presenting to clients and the project team and/or conducting site-specific reviews at specific project phases.
As a secondary role, may be asked to perform other duties related to sustainability or accessibility design/assessments, therefore any relevant experience would be highly considered as an asset to our team. We would be willing to further discuss these duties through the interview process.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient/highly enthusiastic with respect to promoting and applying green building and/or health and wellness standards.
- Considered an asset, if accredited as an Associated Professional with LEED and/or Green Globes.
- Proven track record of ability to organize teams, documentation and track progress towards goals.
- Be confident in ability to influence design and optimize project results, while collaborating within a team setting.
- Able to work independently while managing multiple tasks and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Have strong writing and communication skills.
- Good computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.). Considered an asset if familiar with Revit, AutoCAD, or SketchUp software.
- Must be eligible to apply and receive, PSPC (Public Services and Procurement Canada) security clearance, as a requirement to work on specific government related projects.
- Eligibility to apply for RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) security clearance would be considered an asset.
Education and Experience
- Have a degree in degree in Architecture, Engineering or equivalent design related experience. i.e. Architectural/Engineering Technician, Technologist or Engineer.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience as a LEED and/or Green Globes Consultant with a proven track record.
- Considered an asset if you have experience with any of the following:
+ Passive House design and certification process
+ Fitwel standard and certification process
+ WELL standard and certification process
+ Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification rating system and certification process
+ Performing accessibility design assessments
+ Performing building envelope condition assessment and/or building envelope commissioning
+ Performing Life-cycle assessments (A.K.A Embodied carbon calculations)
+ Other currently relevant sustainable design practices, such as energy modelling or audits, daylight calculations, water conservation, etc.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-New Brunswick-Moncton
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1334 Buildings-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 10, 2023, 9:16:00 AM
Req ID: 2300038O
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans