Sustainability Co-Op Student
City : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Category : Student/Intern
Industry : Sustainability
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Ottawa, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office – Mon/Wed/Thurs)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Sustainability, Ottawa Division
Co-op Student; February 2024 start
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Mattamy is currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our Sustainability team for an exciting opportunity to begin their career with an industry leader while completing your degree. This co-op opportunity will expose the student to a broad range of disciplines within the realm of Sustainable Development. The student will work closely with the Manager of Sustainability to aid in planning, reviewing and implementing sustainability opportunities in all aspects of the business.
What you’ll do
- Assisting with carbon assessments for new and existing products and technologies
- Assisting with community set up for Energy Star and Net Zero Ready programs
- Assisting with efficiency optimization of Energy Star and Net Zero Ready programs
- Assisting with review of EPD’s (environmental product declaration) and tracking of scopes/approvals
- Liaising with internal sales, marketing, architectural, home construction, and contracts teams.
- Assisting with hosting training opportunities and conducting air tightness inspections in low rise construction
What you bring
- Intermediate/Senior students in Building Science
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Excellent judgment, strategic thinking, and forward planning.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Ability to travel and relocate as required to varied geographies.
- As the position may involve travel to construction sites and consultant offices, a vehicle and a class ‘G’ license is required.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.