City : Thunder Bay, ON; Rainy River, ON; Kenora, ON; Winnipeg, MB
Category : Full time Equipment Operation
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are an experienced Surveyor seeking a great wage, extensive benefits, and want to work for a company who prides themselves on safety. You have previously worked alongside crews within a heavy civil environment.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Heavy Civil Mining team in Fort Frances, Ontario!
- Complete field survey requests, measurements, setup and configuring survey instruments
- Establish primary and secondary survey control
- Interpret and extrapolate surveying data from construction and design drawings
- Install survey stake lines and survey control monuments
- Help prepare surveying notes, grade sheets, and calculate coordinates
- Minimum 1-2 years of field Surveying experience
- Completed diploma in Surveying, Geomatics, Civil Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with civil construction, earthworks, and concrete are all assets
- Motivated, self-starter who can work well independently and within a team environment
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Applicants who reside locally will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14/7 shift schedule, working 11.5 hours per day
- Camp is provided but employees may choose to live locally
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC – extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverage
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.