City : Kamloops
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Survey Technician - ( 24000065 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
With an expanding project portfolio and client base, the British Columbia Geomatics team within Stantec’s Transportation Group is looking for a Survey Technician/Technologist who enjoys the outdoors and wants to take their career to the next step.
Our hybrid work model allows a combination of working from home, office, and field assignment travel throughout British Columbia.
If you are looking for a company that offers work-life balance where you can grow your career and gain experience on a variety of projects in British Columbia, come and join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with safety as a top priority.
- Perform a variety of survey including topographic, bathymetric, monitoring, and 3D scanning.
- Prepare survey drawings in Civil3D.
- Research, purchase, and draft plans from BC Land Titles.
- QA/QC of field data and drafted data.
- Willingness to travel for work throughout British Columbia including overnighting with accommodations and meal allowances provided.
- Physically fit and able to work in rugged terrain in all weather conditions.
- Perform other duties of similar nature as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and independently.
- Self-starter personality.
- Prioritize a safety-first culture.
- Working knowledge in field survey methodology.
- Knowledge in BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MOTI), MMCD standards considered an asset.
- Experienced in using Trimble survey equipment (preferred) including data collectors, GNSS rovers, robotic total stations, and 3D scanners.
- Working knowledge of survey and boundary calculations, geodetic coordinate systems, and map projections.
- Valid BC Driver’s License with clean driving record
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in Geomatics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference is 1-3 years of experience, but willing to train the right candidate.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $45,000 - $66,800 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 18, 2024, 2:51:05 PM
Req ID: 24000065
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans