Survey Party Chief
City : LONDON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Survey Party Chief - ( 2400007V )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec’s Geomatics has an immediate full-time opportunity for a Survey Party Chief –London, Ontario.
Your Key Responsibilities
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the following:
- Performing a variety of surveys and buried facility locating with minimal supervision
- Conducting comprehensive topographic, legal, construction, bathymetric and as-built surveys
- Actively participate and promote Stantecs’ Health & Safety culture and awareness
- Providing superior survey data, notes/sketches and supporting information in accordance with Data Quality Management System
- Effective communication with Project Manager as to progress updates, scope changes, HSSE reporting and other project impacts
- Depending upon experience, this position may assist with field training, crew supervision, and/or provide crew coordination on larger projects;
Your Education and Experiences
- Ability to execute surveys in an accurate, efficient, detailed and safe manner
- Experience tracing buried facilities using Electromagnetic Locating techniques
- Proficiency with GPS, Total stations and Electromagnetic Locators. Working knowledge of Trimble GPS and Trimble Total Stations is an asset
- A valid Ontario License Class G Vehicle Operator's License is required for this position
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- This position may require travelling to various sites across Canada and working out of town and/or province for extended periods of time as regulated by provincial labor laws.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Party Chief surveying on projects/sites
- A degree or diploma in Geomatics or Civil Engineering (or equivalent) from a recognized institution is preferred but not required
Position will primarily be field work and may require travel.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-London
Organization : BC-1614 CommDev-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 17, 2024, 8:26:41 AM
Req ID: 2400007V
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans