Survey Crew Chief – Lethbridge
City : LETHBRIDGE
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Survey Crew Chief - Lethbridge - ( 230000BD )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
The Earth is top of mind for our Geospatial team. On, above, and under the Earth’s surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Our Lethbridge office has an opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief within our Geospatial Group, focused on Community Development residential construction.
Please note that this is a full-time position.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work independently as well as manage the work of survey assistants.
- Review and interpret engineering design drawings.
- Coordination with site supervisors and contractors.
- Perform construction surveys using GNSS (GPS), electronic total station, and conventional survey equipment.
- Provide survey for site grading, water-mains, storm and sanitary sewers, lot services, roadway and shallow utility construction layout.
- Transferring survey data to the proper folder locations.
- Communicate effectively with members of the team and follow standard procedures.
- Responsible for safe operation of tools and equipment.
- Care of Company vehicle and Company issued survey equipment.
- Preparation of construction layout report documentation and monitor project progress.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requires ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- You possess technical and mathematical skills along with the ability to perform physically demanding tasks in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record (will be required to arrange transportation to the work site).
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Safety footwear & appropriate clothing is a requirement. Stantec will provide safety vests, hard hats & and additional safety equipment required.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in a Geomatics or Civil program is preferred
- 1-3 years previous experience in residential construction preferred but recent graduates will also be considered.
- Basic knowledge of CAD standards and familiarity with Trimble survey equipment would also be beneficial.
We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment and your efforts will be recognized through a competitive compensation program. Interested candidates should visit www.stantec.com/careers to apply with a resume and cover letter.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge
Organization : BC-1566 Community Development-GEO-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 30, 2023, 11:40:06 AM
Req ID: 230000BD
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans