Survey Crew Chief
City : Markham
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Survey Crew Chief - ( 220001W7 )
The Earth is top of mind for our Geomatics team. On, above, and under the Earth’s surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Join Stantec's growing Land Surveying Team in Ontario West!
Stantec Geomatics Ltd. is seeking a Survey Crew Chief to provide field support primarily in the London, Waterloo and Markham area.
Your Key Responsibilities
Tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Site control; boundary reconnaissance; construction staking; topographic surveys; and other surveying services in support of engineering work.
- Assisting with preparing field notes and exhibits; reviewing field notes for completeness and clarity; performing construction staking calculations for improvements and utilities; scheduling, budgeting, and client/contractor interaction for surveying projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient with GPS, Total Station and other survey equipment
- Experience with 3D LiDAR scanning is considered an asset
- Experience in land boundary and construction staking and layout
- Experience with Trimble Business Center a plus
- Must have a good driving record and Valid Drivers License
- Must be willing and able to work in the field in all weather conditions
- Ability to gather and organize survey research and records
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and construction documents
- Ability to prepare calculations, alignments, and instructions for field work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with a project team
- Great attitude and a willingness to learn and grow with the company
Education and Experience
Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in Land Surveying
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job : Party Chief
Organization : BC-1614 Community Development-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 19, 2022, 12:32:41 PM
Req ID: 220001W7
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans