Support Engineer – Databricks
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
In this role you will become world best in your area of expertise. Besides technical talent, we are looking for people who thrive under challenging circumstances and engage in difficult situations while they learn.
• Handle highly complex, political, financial, executive level cases - as business demands
• Key collaboration point for advanced troubleshooting to unblock issues - including the use of code-level techniques
• Manage engagement with Product Engineering for Support-raised escalations
• Work alongside Serviceability and engineering teams as trusted advisor to improve incident resolution or service deficiency
• Drive process, tool, service delivery and solution improvements that enable effective troubleshooting and remediation (incl. Diagnostics)
• Provide ramp activities for junior engineers, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams, Services, Support, Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
Preferred Technical Requirements:
- Experience with the Hadoop eco-system and/or knowledge of Spark.
- Experience with other solutions in the Big Data/Analytics space.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Azure Ecosystem with a focus on Azure Databricks.
- Programming & Debugging Experience in some or all of: C#, PowerShell, Java, Python, R and Scala.
- Experience with Linux.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Considering a Career with Microsoft Canada? At Microsoft Canada, people are the source of our energy. The people at Microsoft Canada are creative, from all types of backgrounds, bringing passion and new ideas, meeting challenges, and realizing their potential. Our benefits and resources are designed to keep our most important asset - our employees - healthy, happy and equipped with the resources they need to be successful and realize their full potential. Microsoft Canada provides a flexible work environment, with career advancement potential and most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference.
As a Microsoft employee you have the opportunity to participate in the following programs:
• Stock Awards & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Registered Retirement Savings Plan
• Employee Software Purchase Program
• Fitness Membership & Subsidy
• I Volunteer (5 Paid Volunteer Days)
• Employee Assistance Program And so much more…
At Microsoft, we share a passion for technology, customers and our partners. We aspire to be more than just a good company- we aspire to be a great company. What will make us great is our commitment to our mission of enabling people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Microsoft is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Microsoft if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Microsoft will work with you to determine how to meet your need.