SUPPORT ASSISTANT B (Bilingual English & French) (Toronto, ON, CA, M5V 3C6)
City : Toronto
Category : Administrative
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Job ID: 36945
- Job Category: Administrative
- Division & Section: Children's Services, ChildSvcs Contract & Financial Mgmt
- Work Location: Metro Hall, 55 John St, Toronto, M5V 3C6
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary (12 Months) Vacancy
- Hourly Rate: $32.77 - $35.92
- Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 Hours Per Week
- Affiliation: L79 Full-time
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 18-Sept-2023 to 2-Oct-2023
As a Support Assistant B (Bilingual English and French), you will be working within a dynamic and collaborative team, in a fast- paced, agile environment. Various stakeholders will depend on our team's ability to quickly fulfill multiple requests and this role will be an integral part of this process.
- Performs varied administrative tasks involving the preparation, research, summary and reconciliation of data and the control and expedition of documents, data, revenues and cash.
- Prepares and processes documents/statistical summaries/reports etc. Assesses and analyses data. Drafts and signs correspondence.
- Checks work for accuracy and conformity with regulations, policy and procedures and corrects/resolves outstanding/incorrect items. Identifies issues and recommends solutions. Performs complex calculations.
- Directs, coordinates, schedules and trains assigned staff. Checks/verifies work of assigned staff.
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill. Prepares presentation material. Utilizes detailed layout and formatting.
- Co-ordinates and maintains a complex record/retrieval system. Maintains supplies inventories.
- Responds to e-mails, telephone and in-person inquiries from senior staff, the public, agencies and other levels of government utilizing in-depth knowledge of procedures, regulations and criteria.
- Reviews, accepts or rejects material/applications from the public, ensuring all criteria have been met.
- Receives and pays out cash and cheques, controls, monitors and balances petty cash, prepares bank deposits, withdrawals, reconciliations and processes/checks financial payments. Assists with budget administration for unit.
- Co-ordinates meetings, events and schedules. Takes/transcribes minutes.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in providing bilingual (English & French) services in a customer service environment.
- Considerable clerical/administrative experience in financial, purchasing, and people services related environments.
- Experience in preparing and formatting reports using statistical data, and drafting letters, memos and other documents for management.
- Experience with electronic and manual filing systems, data entry, and the management of large volumes of information.
- Considerable experience in utilizing a variety of computer software packages including Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and database administration.
You must also have:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities in a fast-paced environment to meet tight, sometimes conflicting, deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- Fundamental knowledge of budget and purchasing-related procedures and practices, fundamental business mathematics skills, and ability to make involved computations and calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and knowledge of the City’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to meet and interact with staff, councillors, the public and representatives from external agencies and organizations in an efficient and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to compose correspondence and memoranda.
- Ability to use a variety of software systems, such as: SAP Ariba, and Children's Services Information Systems (CSIS II).
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.