Supply Quality Student -Summer 2024 Co-op
City : Dartmouth
Category : Administration, Facilities & Secretarial
Industry : Transportation equipment manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
SUPPLY QUALITY STUDENT- SUMMER 2024 CO-OP TERM
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding is proud to be Canada’s National Shipbuilder. Over the next 30 years, our shipbuilders will construct 20+ modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of the largest defence procurement project in Canadian history.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on these vessels. We are committed to building the best ships, with the best workforce in the best facilities. By joining our team of more than 2,300 shipbuilders, you can enjoy a dynamic, diverse, and family-friendly career with a company dedicated to your success, learning, health, wellness, and safety.
At Irving Shipbuilding, we’re making history – why not make it with us? Learn more about careers at Irving Shipbuilding: shipsforcanada.ca/opportunities.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking Supply Quality Student-Summer 2024 Co-Op Term
This is a temporary student role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued. ISI is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the workplace to persons with disabilities. Candidates who require accommodation during the selection process are invited to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for one exceptional Student currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program to join our team of Shipbuilders.
- Education: Currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program from the following areas:
- Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or similar)
- Data management and visual presentation experience
- Interest in the shipbuilding, defense, or marine industry and a desire to join an exciting, fast-paced organization.
- Strong academic performance and a desire to excel.
- Proven leadership in professional, athletic, school or community pursuits
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, openness to learning new technology.
- Skilled in organizing and managing a variety of tasks with varying priorities and is a fast learner and effective problem solver.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Create and execute Continuous Improvement projects for the Supplier Quality Group
- Organize the presentation of data to reflect results (e.g., trends and correlations) in a visually compelling way to address critical business questions.
- Organize and Conduct GEMBA walks to proactively identify issues, productivity gains and mitigate quality issues.
- Create visualizations that highlight risks to communicate to the business, current requirements.
- Communicate with Key Stakeholders, facilitate plans and track status.
What You Can Expect:
As a valued member of our team this role offers you the opportunity to contribute to key projects and perform meaningful work supporting our new construction programs. You will build valuable connections with business leaders, colleagues, and network with many other fellow Co-Op students joining ISI each term. This assignment provides an understanding of what a career at Irving Shipbuilding looks like in consideration for future permanent employment opportunities within our rapidly growing organization.
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.