Supply Planner – Calgary
City : Calgary
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Food and Beverage Industry
Employer : PepsiCo Canada
The Supply Planner contributes to the success of the PepsiCo Beverages Canada by assisting with the management of supply chain processes and projects. The role is responsible for all aspects of production planning, both short-term & long-term, raw material planning, co-pack planning and deployment for Calgary PBC. Coordination with Demand Planning, the Manufacturing & Warehousing teams, and Transport on supply related issues are essential to ensure proper plan execution. This role is positioned to provide key supply chain communication to senior managers and executives within PBC.
- Use Avail to plan production and schedule FG deployment
- Maintain long term planning schedule inputs in AP through IPUM data maintenance.
- Use MRP to plan raw material orders.
- Develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. internal M&W teams, Demand Planning, Sales Leaders, etc.)
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of data related to production planning, order placement and deployment in Avail, IPUM, AP, SAP, MRP and APS
- Ensure timely data updates to facilitate data flow to the planning tools.
- Daily review of prior day’s OOS for supported network, determine root cause and work with matrix teams to mitigate risk.
- Ensure sufficient products are planned, ordered, and delivered to accommodate innovation launches.
- Support raw material team through key innovation, conversion & delist projects.
- Create and maintain innovation project timelines, support innovation launches & phase in/phase out changes.
- Monitor and scorecard project milestones
- Educate supply network on planning process.
- Communicate on a weekly basis to network issues/concerns/orders.
- At least 3 years of supply chain planning experience
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business, but other areas welcomed as long as business knowledge can be demonstrated.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail, able to interrogate data and produce detailed outputs
- Understanding the links between production plans, plant AOP’s, productivity initiatives and customer service
- Should possess strong communication / facilitation skills to build and sustain a wide range of working relationships across multiple functions/sites, being flexible in their approach to achieve the collective aims
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency with MS Office products particularly MS Excel (pivot tables & macros) and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Tactical and strategic thinking