Supply Chain Quality Control Associate Manager
City : Peterborough
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Food and Beverage Industry
Employer : PepsiCo Canada
This position guides compliance to the internal and external quality and food safety programs and performance agendas for PepsiCo North America Foods Contract Manufacturing supporting Frito-Lay and Quaker platforms. The selected candidate must have the ability to identify key quality and food safety trends, implement and maintain data management strategies, work with cross-functional team members to provide data analyses with action plans and improve quality and food safety performance at select contract manufacturing locations.
Candidates must demonstrate effective leadership and collaboration with a wide array of stakeholders including Frito-Lay and Quaker R&D product development teams, Quality Assurance teams, Industry Managers, Leadership Team members, and Contract Manufacturing Teams.
This position is accountable for Contract Manufacturers located in Canada. The ideal candidate would be based in Canada.
This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain Quality Control for Contract Manufacturing.
- Support design and data maintenance of quality analysis tracking tools
- Proactively identify negative quality trends and guide corrective activities
- Lead quality, food safety, and food security compliance for selected contract manufacturing locations
- Identify and develop corrective and preventative action plans (CAPA) for product quality, food safety, or consumer satisfaction issues
- Utilize statistical methods to identify and track process capability and guide contract manufacturing correction of performance gaps
- Conduct facility assessments of assigned contract manufacturers, as well as new potential contract manufacturers, and to assure compliance to established procedures, programs, and requirements
- Understand and monitor sensory compliance at assigned contract manufacturing locations
- Generate and champion new quality and food safety ideas and projects
- Strong work relationships with a wide array of stakeholders especially R&D Product Development and Industry Managers. This role will not have direct reports
- Create and support an inclusive culture and work environment
Qualifications/Requirements required Skills/Minimum Job Requirements
- S. degree with minimum 5-8 years demonstrated success in quality or plant operations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a food company
- Technical knowledge of Statistical Process Control with regards to quality attributes and convert to actionable information
- Knowledge and experience or desire to learn quality management systems
- Working knowledge of FDA, FSMA, GFSI, HACCP, and GMP regulations
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively and manage risk in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent leadership and influence skills