Supply Chain Project Manager
City : TORONTO, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : The Bay Supply Chain & Logistics
Employer : The Bay
Day In The Life:
This role is accountable for the planning, management and delivery of complex and cross-functional SCF&L strategic projects and solutions at The Bay, with a strong focus on e-Commerce Supply Chain Strategy, Transformation and Fulfillment & Logistic Operations.
The Project Manager will partner with Fulfillment, Logistics and Transportation, Merchandise Planning, Owned Brands, Distribution, Store Fulfillment Operations and Tech teams to optimize The Bay’s Supply Chain, identify areas of opportunity, determine best practices, methodologies and establish new processes aligned to corporate strategic objectives. This role is responsible for development of business cases, project planning, capital budgeting, and E2E projects lifecycle.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities
What You Will Do:
- Contribute and spearhead the delivery of our corporate growth initiatives by owning the E2E project lifecycle of highly-strategic SC&L projects assigned. Accountable to lead, support and enable cross-functional teams to deliver against short- and long-term strategic initiatives to achieve company’s growth targets, fulfillment service levels, customer experience expectations and cost budgets.
- Engage with business stakeholders, by partnering with the operations leads and strategic Subject Matter Experts, to understand strategic objectives, initiatives, pain points and needs for transforming The Bay’s Supply Chain. Influencing internal and external customers as well as prioritizing initiatives aligned with Corporate and Supply Chain strategy. Accountable for delivering on KPIs and other metrics/commitments as set out in Project Charters.
- Apply project management methodologies and best practices to project portfolio through developing and maintaining all project documentation including: project charters, project plans, stakeholder analysis, communication plan, budgets, costs, milestones/timelines, status updates and action logs.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the SC&L PMO team as needed on strategic analyses, business case development, preparing executive level presentations and other activities related to new initiatives.
- Enable management to make informed, data-based decisions by providing business analyses and analytical support, particularly in areas where a high level of analytical skill is required. Develop business and process requirements, prioritize needs, and manage milestones and overall roadmap.
- Present executive updates on project progress, benefit implementation and callouts (risks, attention required items) regularly to the SC&L PMO and project SteerCo.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor/Master degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business Administration
- 3+ years of Project Management (or consulting experience) in CPG/Retail (E-commerce) Industry with a strong focus in high-priority, high-visibility transformational projects
- Strong understanding of financial and business metrics as it relates to E-Commerce Retail and E-commerce Supply Chain
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint user with demonstrated experience of building professional business presentations for senior executives and top-quality data analysis and/or scorecards
- Demonstrated ability to lead simultaneous cross-functional project teams across the organization
- Exceptional collaboration, communication and influencing skills
- Persuasive communication skills, ability to present recommendations in a professional and impactful way
- PMP or Supply Chain designations are preferred
What You Can Expect:
- A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at The Bay
- A competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
- A ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
- A living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including corporate gym membership rates.
- An amazing associate discount of up to 40% off top brands
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. Come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Bay complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.