Supply Chain and Collaboration Manager – US
City : Mississauga - Financial Dr.
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
This individual has ownership of the end-to-end supply chain strategy across the US. The mandate of the individual will be to optimize the network to service all MLF brands across the US to meet service and on time delivery targets and support of our US Sales team to deliver rapid US growth. Specifically, this role will manage the process and costs within the US supply chain network, own the Supply Chain portion of launches, and lead collaboration with specified customers. Finally, this individual will be responsible for scorecarding and providing root cause and corrective action in regards to supply chain activities within the USAny MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by October 02. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Enable growth in the US by consistently optimizing our supply chain network to our US customers and ensuring we provide them with the best possible service which includes fill rate, on-time delivery and freshness.
- Ownership of all US Supply Chain strategy from demand planning to production completion through to customer delivery.
- Oversee Demand, Fulfillment and Order Management teams for the US.
- Support the cross-functional teams (Sales, distribution, transportation, supply planning, production) to ensure that there is weekly monitoring, review and feedback of overall US performance and ensure that we are meeting customer needs.
- Own relationship with supply chain leads at several US customers, as it pertains to the demand through order fulfillment process.
- Monitoring and engagement in issue resolution impacting MLF’s ability to fulfill US orders and deliveries.
- Determine opportunities for cost savings within the US network including finding synergies across the MLF brands.
- Lead weekly scrum with relevant stakeholders to measure performance on agreed to KPI’s, address supply or delivery issues
- Weekly review of US inventory levels (aging and constrained) to eliminate product waste by working closely with sales and customers to move all stock prior to going past code date.
- Own IBP Customer forecast with ongoing review with demand team of metrics including forecast accuracy, bias, and feature post-mortems.
- Collaborate with Category Demand planning team to ensure that the 4-18 month IBP plan reflects the details of the US Market.
- Partner with the Director, Supply Chain – US to provide input and supply chain stewardship to ensure successful launch of new items and customers in the U.S. marketplace. Co-ordination of multiple internal functions to accomplish the above.
- Provide coaching and feedback to direct reports (Demand Planning, Fulfillment, and Order Management) to support their day to day responsibilities as well as their ongoing personal development
- Manage career planning of direct reports through annual performance review (PAD) process via MySuccess platform
- Educate all stakeholders about the complexities in the US network so that team members can incorporate into our planning and ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Own US SC performance in a single scorecard/communication outlining both successes and opportunities.
- Support both the external customer and internal sales team relationships as the primary point of contact representing the end-to-end supply chain for MLF.
- Lead monthly reviews of Customer Metrics or Scorecards with Sales Leads, Brokers, and Customer’s Supply Chain
- Works with team to review order vs forecast variance including closely monitoring draws against new launches.
- Closely monitors KPI’s and trends to put root cause and corrective action in place to ensure flawless execution
- Works with transportation team to measure and discuss actions ensure that transportation carriers exceed target expectations.
- Execute allocation priorities with Sales Operations for USA Customers/SKUs
- Identify and mitigate possible supply constraints directly with supply planners
- Ensure effective and timely communication of supply concerns or opportunities with all stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Sales, Supply Planning & Specialty Sales to proactively mitigate Distressed Sales.
- Maintain awareness of customs compliances processes and engage when required, working closely with Customs Compliance when issues arise
- Support the introduction of innovation by reviewing product logistics specifications and ensuring product design meets logistics requirements for storage and delivery to customer expectations.
- Collaborates closely with Demand, Deployment, Transportation,3PL and Order Management Leadership to ensure consistent best practices are leveraged in the US business.
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field, preferably in business.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a supply chain leadership role
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in demand forecasting, inventory planning and order management
- Ability to travel within both Canada and the United States is a must
- Demonstrated character traits that include Resiliency, Drive for results, Curiosity, Courage to take bold steps, Collaboration evident in past work
- Previous experience negotiating and collaborating with the manager and director level at the customer
- Exceptional ability to provide decisive leadership while influencing others
- Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain management principles
- Strong knowledge of US Logistics / 3PL providers
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior organization skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects
- Excellent communication skills (listening, oral and written)
- Must be externally focused and have a strong bias for action
- Highly motivated to succeed, meeting both MLF and customer expectations
- Advanced Computer Skills in Microsoft Office, Excel
- Thorough understanding of and experience with IBP
- Experience with six sigma methodologies, concepts, and tools would be an asset
- APICS, CPIM, or other certification is valued
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.