City : Moncton, New Brunswick
Category : Full time
Industry : Supply Chain & Distribution
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:775 Frenette Ave, Moncton, New Brunswick, E1H 0B9
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Supervise the workforce of a shift, ensuring productivity and schedules are maintained
- Review the workload and plan the correct sequence for the assembly, loading, shipping, and receiving of goods
- Ensure proper handling of products/goods
- Provide direction and training, as required, relative to new procedures, policies, safety, and computer enhancements as well as ensuring existing processes are properly adhered to
- Maintain the integrity of inventory according to the inbound and outbound activity
- Maintain the security of the distribution center
- Establish and maintain high personal involvement, accessibility and visibility to distribution colleagues
- Deal with equipment, personnel, and workflow issues as they arise
- Completion of applicable reports, contributing information and necessary paperwork (eg. Accident reports, disciplines)
- Daily communication of activities from shift to shift
- Any other duties as required
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Availability to work a variety of shifts (morning, afternoon, night), including weekends, and deal with varying tasks
- Previous Distribution Operations experience & knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- Computer systems knowledge (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook) definitely an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a team oriented environment
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.