SUPERVISOR SPECIAL EVENTS (SPONSORSHIP) (Toronto, ON, CA, M5V 3C6)
City : Toronto
Category : Economic Development, Arts & Culture
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
- Job ID: 32175
- Job Category: Economic Development, Arts & Culture
- Division & Section: Economic Development & Culture, EDC Program Support
- Work Location: 100 Queen St W, Toronto
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary (6 months) Vacancy
- Salary: $83,228.60 - $97,770.40
- Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
- Affiliation: Non-Union
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 25-Nov-2022 to 13-Dec-2022
Reporting to the Manager of Sponsorship, the Sponsorship Supervisor is primarily responsible for benefits fulfilment and reporting for sponsors, corporate and public sector grants and foundations for activities such as arts and culture events, business and entrepreneurship programs, museum and heritage programs, culinary programs and capital campaigns for heritage facilities.
- Assists with pre-event, on-site and post-event benefit fulfillment and contractual obligations with sponsorships and grant funders.
- Develops innovative sponsorship strategies for projects, events, and programs to achieve desired revenue targets. This includes the creation of sponsorship structures featuring customized or structured levels of sponsorship, marketing and on-site benefits at competitive rights fees.
- Generates significant revenue to enhance and grow the operational budget for key Divisional projects, events and programs. This includes securing private sector cash sponsorships as well as government, corporate and foundation grants through a strategic approach.
- Researches foundations, corporate and government grant opportunities and develops targeted prospecting lists that effectively align Corporate Canada with Divisional projects, events and programs.
- Develops enticing presentations to effectively integrate corporate partners and their marketing objectives into Divisional projects, events and programs.
- Negotiates and closes significant sponsorships with key corporate decision-makers (CEOs, CAOs and Senior VPs) and develops final agreements and legal contracts with their staff for cash and in-kind products and services.
- Negotiates leveraging opportunities that will support Divisional projects, events and programs.
- Cultivates and retains strategic relationships with corporate representatives, local businesses, politicians and internal senior level management.
- Provides supervision and direction to staff to ensure the delivery of effective and quality service relating to the responsibilities of Sponsorship Economic Development & Culture Division.
- Ensures that work is carried out in accordance with provincial statutes, regulations, City and Divisional policies accurately and in a timely manner.
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned staff, when required, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervises the day to day operation of all assigned staff, when required including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work.
- Authorizes and coordinates vacation and overtime requests, when required.
- Monitors and evaluates staff performance, approves salary increments, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action when necessary, when required.
- Post-secondary education in special events, event management or a related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Considerable event management experience as it relates to benefits fulfilment and client integration for event sponsorships, grants and fundraising.
- Considerable experience in securing major cash sponsorships and grants.
- Considerable experience working in a multi-level stakeholder environment and establishing and maintaining effective partnerships with clients including community groups, agencies and businesses
- Highly developed client management skills and with the ability to integrate sponsors and funders to Divisional projects, events and programs, which include content and brand integration and approvals in marketing and communication assets, site visits, pre-event sponsor activations builds, on-site client servicing and benefit fulfillment reporting.
- Excellent partnership development and stewardship skills with key stakeholders within both private and public sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including developing sales kits, pitch presentations, creating post client reports, and grant submissions and final reports.
- Strong Customer service skills and ability to effectively support all stakeholders, including elected officials, other staff, key contacts, clients' diverse interest groups and the public.
- Flexibility and the ability to take initiative and thrive in a high-stress creative environment with frequent and competing deadlines.
- Ability to lead, motivate and supervise a team, when required.
- Strong attention to detail, establishes performance objectives and measures to continuously improve performance and the standard of excellence in the organization.
- Highly developed MS Office Suite skills, in particular Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Familiarity with relevant government legislation, such as in the area of occupational health and safety, labour relations and collective agreements.
- Ability to support the Toronto Public Service values to ensure a culture that champions equity, diversity and respectful workplaces.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.