Supervisor, Retail Lending Operations (full time)- Surrey
City : Surrey, British Columbia, CA, V3T 0K7
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Coast Capital
Location: Help Headquarters
Job Type: Full Time
myWork Options: In-person, Hybrid
Starting Salary Range: $31.13-$38.92
What’s the job?
Standing with pride among your team leading them to their best work, you have the experience and the desire to help us coordinate and manage a team in our Retail Lending group. With a good understanding of lending practices you can operate in a fast-paced volume driven environment supervising an all-star team. Your team will support our branches, other Coast Capital departments and various outside partners.
What you’ll get to do:
- Show off your strong leadership skills through interviewing and hiring, coaching and mentoring, and performance management.
- Act as a strong change leader ensuring that your team is implementing and supporting corporate objects and changes, while developing and implementing new procedure in response to change
- Act as an inter-departmental liaison to ensure efficient and successful implementation of administrative processes and project assignments.
- Work with outside law firms, appraisal companies to ensure high service levels with vendors.
- Assist in assessing risk and ensure appropriate security requirements are being adhered to.
- Provide guidance on compliance with lending policies and documentation.
- Recognize and develop opportunities to improve on department procedure and efficiencies
- Build relationships and provide a highly productive and good morale within your department.
- Use your prioritization and time management skills by adapting to the needs of the business.
- Showcase your strong communication skills when communicating with both internal and external partners.
Who are we looking for?
- You’re an effective relationship builder and leader with direct experience in leading teams in a professional environment
- You have a solid understanding of loans including the mechanics, the life of a loan, the terminology and the associated pitfalls and challenges
- It’s a big plus if you have experience working directly with a loan application system.
- You are a big fan of team work and demonstrate your team spirit every day.
- You are an avid learner, wanting to continuously learn new tasks to better support the team.
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but…
- We improve Canadians’ financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what’s best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work, which includes wearing their jeans on Fridays & Saturdays and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- In 2017, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – two of the nation’s most coveted business awards, may we add.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Coast Capital, we believe everyone has potential. We are committed to building better, brighter, more inclusive futures for everyone – including our employees. We see the potential in our employees to achieve amazing things and want to invest in your future. If you’re excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Coast Capital.
At Coast Capital, we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black, and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people of diverse sexual and gender identities and women. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences and expertise benefit of our employees, our members, and our community.
We strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our candidates with different abilities. If you require any accommodations, please contact email@example.com. We will work with you to meet your needs.