The Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor is a full-time position located at the Bottling Production Facility in North York, ON. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the QA Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities within the QA department while working in close collaboration with the members of the production facility. The incumbent is responsible for the direction of all Quality Assurance functions in the manufacturing facility.
• Manage overall product and package quality to ensure all standards and specifications are met.
• Establishes operational procedures in co-operation with Quality Assurance Team.
• Ensures that all QA equipment are in good operating order, troubleshooting and calibration when necessary
• Ensures that all work assessments and activities are in accordance with policies of CCL and presiding labor agreements.
• Monitor production processes; make periodic checks and adjust equipment according to corporate requirements. Troubleshoot processes as required.
• Manage 16-18 QA Technicians in QA lab and syrup room.
• Production planning based on production schedule
• Order supplies and inventory control
• Hire, train, evaluate, develop, and monitor QA employees.
• Perform internal audits on quality, food safety, and environmental standards as part of the management systems.
• Manage water treatment systems and Effluent treatment processes.
• Ensure all work activities meet the Environmental Health & Safety Standards.
• Participate and support external audits for maintaining quality and food safety certification.
• Participate/lead root cause analysis and continuous improvement projects.
• Bachelor's degree or diploma in Chemical Engineering or Food Science Preferred
• Strong organization, planning and decision-making abilities.
• Experience working in an ISO environment.
• Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
• Ability to solve problems with groups of people.
• Labor relations/Union experience is an asset.
• Knowledge & Experience in Water treatment systems in food and beverage industry.
Experienced at troubleshooting and calibration.
Experienced at ordering supplies and inventory control
• HACCP & FSSC 22000, ISO 9001 knowledge/Experience.
• Good manufacturing Practice (GMP) experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
• 2+ years leadership experience preferred.
• Basic computer and database application skills
• Experience working in fast paced work environment
• Flexible for work hours
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
Coke Canada Bottling is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centres, and five production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love.
We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, and A&W®.
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada Bottling”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification and drivers abstract review. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regards to this once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada.com.
For more information about Coke Canada Bottling, please visit cokecanada.com