City : Elkford, British Columbia, CA
Category : Trades
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: June 1, 2023
Reporting to the General Supervisor, Maintenance, the Supervisor, Maintenance will be responsible for all maintenance activities in the shop and pit. This position combines the responsibilities for trades, schedule execution, continuous improvement, and staffing to ensure company standards are maintained. The schedule for this role will either follow a 4x4 straight day shift, a rotation of 4x4 days and nights or the 5x2 EDO schedule and comes with an attractive benefits package.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, who can coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives. Someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction, but also works well collaborating with a team. We are looking for someone with strong problem solving and decision-making abilities, who is passionate about technology and continuous improvement.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Direct the troubleshooting of equipment failures to determine root cause and initiate appropriate remedial action
- Oversee quality maintenance and repair of mine equipment to improve availability and reliability for production
- Manage daily and weekly work schedules to ensure work is complete on time and on budget through usage of Short Interval Controls and ensure Preventative Maintenance compliance
- Supervise contractors and employees, improving employee work performance, efficiency, and perform performance evaluations
- Follow-up on current jobs and assist journeyperson with troubleshooting
- Assist with the development of the schedule
- Assist in sourcing and requisitioning maintenance supplies, equipment, and services within budgeted guidelines
- Maintain vacation schedules using Vacation Allotment guidelines, recommend and approve overtime work
- Manage Key Performance Indicators, such as downtime hours, schedule compliance, and labor factor
- Journeyperson ticket, related technical diploma, or engineering degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in maintenance and maintenance reliability in an industrial environment, including agriculture and construction
- Experience supervising or leading a team
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting quality assurance programs
- Strong digital literacy and proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite®
- Experience with VFD’s (Rockwell and Eaton), reading electrical drawings, and instrumentation P&ID’s, experience with Yokogawa DCS Systems is an asset
- Experience in maintaining heavy-duty equipment; experience in mining equipment including 240-ton mobile equipment is an asset
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.