Supervisor, Lab Operations (Non Union ) -Chemistry – Full Time – Day Shift- Burnaby, BC
City : Burnaby, BC, CA
Category : Laboratory Services
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
We believe we can build a healthier Canada through the power of technology. As a Supervisor, Lab Ops with LifeLabs, you will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology and be part of a community/team that is supportive and collaborative.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6,000 employees, we all make a difference and that's why our people are so important to us.
As a Supervisor, Lab Operations with a specific focus on High Volume Chemistry, you will be responsible for the achievement of goals and targets related to safety, quality, and cost-effective delivery of diagnostic services to assigned work groups. You will also be responsible for the efficient day to day operations of their assigned employee group, including planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and management of all employees assigned to them. This is a Full-Time role at Burnaby Reference Lab.
In this role you will:
• Attract and retain talent, including hiring, onboarding, and training, managing performance, coaching for improvement, and managing progressive discipline for direct reports in collaboration with their manager.
• Conduct performance management of their staff and ensuring accurate documentation of corrective actions taken
• Manage day to day operation of their area and generally plan to weekly or monthly cycles
• Develop and approve employee schedules, sick time, vacation and leaves ensuring compliance with operational needs and company policies.
• Provide active leadership and development to all direct reports, ensuring all individual and team accountabilities are delivered upon.
• Identify, implement and manage to ensure continuous improvement in quality, safety, productivity, customer service and staff development.
• Demonstrate the ability to obtain the appropriate resources; work collaboratively with peers and support groups
• Participate in local Leadership Teams and provide timely and appropriate communication to area staff.
• Support a work environment of continuous improvement with safety as a priority.
The right person for this role will be focused on implementing business plans including setting objectives and targets, assisting in the development of strategies for integration of new business and leading projects.
• College Diploma - Medical Laboratory Technologist or equivalent education and experience
• Must have relevant recent experience, knowledge, and technical skills in the appropriate field
• Recent Chemistry experience required
• Previous team lead or supervisory experience preferred
• Current registration with CSMLS
• 6 years laboratory experience or equivalent experience
Must have technical knowledge, proven people leadership skills and change management abilities. Must be a "self-starter" and able to create a positive employee relations climate, fostering common goals and teamwork.
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.