Supervisor, Intermodal Operations
City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
- Req ID: 100667
- Department: Market Strategy & Asset Management
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 4
- Job Available to: Internal & External
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As the Supervisor Operations you will plan, coordinate direct and control all outside operations within the Intermodal terminal ensuring trains are received, loaded and/or unloaded in accordance with the policies, guidelines and established plans and priorities while meeting on-time performance and minimizing cost.
- Direct yard processes to safely meet train schedules, desired foot/feu targets, customer, dispatch, Field Operations and Mechanical and Engineering needs;
- Direct people responsible to carry out the necessary yard processes;
- Accountable for delivering instructions for train movements within terminal to Operating crews;
- Coordinate all train, yard, hostler, lifter and truck movements within the yard;
- Update OASIS and TMS, TYES and Nexus on a regular basis;
- Ensure all documentation is accurate, complete and properly communicated to those who require the information as well as the next Supervisor Operations on shift;
- Resolve non-compliance crew issues and/or opportunities for process improvement, or escalate to manager as appropriate;
- Perform proficiency and efficiency tests and other safety activities to meet required standards;
- Inventory management of terminals in their area of responsibility;
- Ensure compliance to all policies, directives, rules and regulations;
- Liaise with other groups as required;
- Responsible for all aspects of the perishables operations;
- Lead all requests concerns regarding service product with regards to the perishable operations ;
- Accountable for the safe execution of all terminal plans set forth.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED;
- Previous railroad experience would be considered an asset;
- Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues;
- High proficiency in OASIS, TMS, MS Office Outlook, Word, and basic Excel;
- Understanding of applicable Collective Agreement;
- Problem-solving capability;
- High level communication skills;
- Ability to embrace constructive criticism;
- Willing to be available as required on a 7x24 basis.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Operating safely is a core foundation of CP. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate, the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CP’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All safety critical positions will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required. This includes candidates participating in the Trainee Program who will also be required to pass a drug test during the training process before receiving final qualification for the position.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").