Superintendent, Process Engineering & Improvement
City : Logan Lake, British Columbia, CA
Category : Engineering
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Highland Valley Copper
Reporting to the Manager, Operations and Maintenance Execution, the Superintendent, Process Engineering & Improvement is responsible for providing the technical and operational direction of the Teck Highland Valley Copper Processing Team. Directly leading the Processing, Process Control and Lab group, they will also participate in broader strategic direction and initiatives site wide. They will provide technical guidance and drive the continuous improvement initiative pipeline. They are responsible for collaborating with other site teams to safely and cost effectively meet the concentrator throughput, recovery, overall copper production and concentrate quality targets.
This position is located near Logan Lake, BC, Canada. Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, BC which provides all the comforts of city living. It is also close to Merritt and Ashcroft, both of which exude a small-town community atmosphere. Come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Promote a work environment which supports safe and efficient behavior on the job and an awareness of and compliance with environmental, safety, engineering, and Mines Act requirements
- Organize work, personnel and equipment to achieve mill technical objectives and meet group expectations
- Work with representatives from the Mill Operations, Mine Operations and Mine Engineering departments to ensure that ore throughput, grades, recovery, and product qualities are managed such that overall site production targets are met
- Support the site in maintaining a credible management profile by achieving production objectives and project completion in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Participate in the management of departmental budgets and plans, monitoring and control of compliance, and accountability for plan variances
- Ensure that staff administers the collective agreement in a manner consistent with Company policies and procedures
- Ensure that a long-term development plan is in place and implemented to optimize the efficiency of the operation and to incorporate appropriate new technology and methods. Assist in the development of weekly and monthly production targets, assessing these targets as to the practicability of application
- Actively support career development of team members
- Ensure the cost effectiveness of mill technical activities and operations
- Direct the work of various metallurgical consultants when required
- Hold a degree in Mineral Processing, Process Control, Chemical or Metallurgical engineering or equivalent; some level of post-graduate education would be an asset
- A Professional Engineering (P. Eng) designation, and registered or eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (EGBC); Teck will support eligible employees with their EGBC registration
- Have considerable experience in engineering and operating departments of base metal concentrators, with focus on grinding and sulphide flotation
- Have a minimum 10 years’ of progressively senior level experience, preferably in a unionized mining environment
- Collaborative team player with the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Consistent track record of holding individuals accountable to commitments
- Demonstrate critical thinking competencies including judgment and analytical thinking
- Exemplary leadership and supervisory skills
- Valid driver’s license
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
Job Segment: Mining, Mineral Processing, Metallurgy, Process Control, Engineering Technology