Summer Student, Instructional Design and Learning
City : Calgary, AB, CA, T2C 4X9
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Summer Student, Instructional Design and Learning, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of Instructional Designers, LMS professionals, and Learning Process Analysts. You will utilize training authoring and multimedia tools and software for assigned development projects. As well, you will assist with processing and responding to general inquiries received in the Learning Management System shared mailbox.
This Postion is a 4 months summer position.
- Support the implementation of technical training programs and related material (both in-class and online) using the principles of instructional design and performance technology.
- Develop or modify existing quality instructional materials.
- Processing and responding to general inquiries in the shared mailboxes.
- Validating, processing, and entering records accordingly in the learning management system.
- Troubleshooting and testing single user issues with online courses.
- Other duties as needed.
- Enrollment in Instructional Design, Adult Education or Educational Technology degrees and/or programs.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint and Articulate Storyline would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop and Premiere, Photography or Videography is a plus.
- 3D animation software exposure: 3D Studio Max, Blender, Unreal Engine would be an asset.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Bilingual fluency in French is an asset.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 100828
- Department: Procurement
- Job Type: Summer Student
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External