Summer Student – Community Services Clerk
City : CAN - ON - Chatham-Kent Branch
Category : CHW-Community Support Services
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Summer Student, Community Services Clerk
Employee Working Location: Office/In-person (Chatham-Kent Branch, ON)
Employment Status: Temporary full time (8-week duration, 30 hours per week)
Salary Band: $15.50/hour
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 - is seeking a Summer Student-Community Services Clerk to join our Community Health & Wellness Team in Chatham-Kent, Ontario.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
We are looking for a Summer Student, Community Services Clerk to assist in the development and implementation of a variety of assigned projects related Red Cross initiatives. Reporting to the Program Manager, you will improve your skills and gain valuable work experience in your area of study by working with outstanding professionals and learning about the Canadian Red Cross (CRC). As an organization focused on collaboration and teamwork, we provide opportunities for students to share ideas and perspectives. For the CRC, the Summer Student Program is an opportunity to identify highly skilled talent for future positions.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the promotion of Red Cross training, activities, and volunteer opportunities.
- Assist in daily operations as requested.
- Prepare and attend exhibits at summer festivals and community events.
- Prepare a final report of summer activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are 1-2 years post-secondary school, currently a full-time student and registered to return to school in September 2023.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of workplace adaptability, highly collaborative and a strong team player but also able to work independently.
- Duties are principally conducted in a shared office setting in a comfortable and friendly environment, located in Chatham, Ontario.
- Hours of work are based on 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday. The successful candidate must be able to start work by June 19, 2023.
- The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a flexible work period, some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.