Summer Internship, Analyst, Sales & Trading
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Internship Full-Time
Industry : Internships and student jobs
Employer : National Bank
Summer 2024 Internships – Sales & Trading Analysts
We are recruiting for summer 2024 internship Analyst positions within Sales & Trading for our Financial Markets offices in Toronto, Montreal and Calgary.
Positions are available in our Equities and Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities teams which include areas such as Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Fixed Income, Institutional Equities and Risk Management Solutions (Derivatives, Commodities, Foreign Exchange) and Equity Research.
Our internship program offers dynamic hands-on exposure to Sales & Trading working alongside seasoned professionals and assisting members of the team in executing their responsibilities.
Responsibilities may include support to sales, trading and market making operations, database maintenance and quality control, various market & strategy analysis and monitoring financial market action. As a summer program participant, you will have the opportunity to put your learnings into action and applying it in real time situations.
Applicants to this role should be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in business, finance, commerce, computer science, economics, mathematics, engineering, or any related field, graduating at the earliest in December 2024 and must be able to work in Canada.
National Bank Financial Markets is noted for our employee diversity, but we are looking for candidates with a common set of abilities - genuine enthusiasm about capital markets and the financial industry, those who are highly motivated with a strong work ethic, able to be creative and have an entrepreneurial mindset, have a strong academic track record and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
We are looking for candidates that possess:
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented, organized, proactive and have intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical skills and good understanding of basic financial rules/concepts
- Aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative solutions
- Manage projects independently and be ready to assume a high level of responsibility as a member of the team
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Awesome PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency with programming languages
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in professional and mature manner
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely
- Bilingualism (English and French) required, as you will frequently interact with service providers and partners who speak a language other than French
We’ll evaluate your potential, your ability, your academic background and your extra-curricular activities. Our goal is to build future leaders who will add fresh perspectives to our business.
Candidates will have until 11:59PM October 20th to apply to our career site at https://jobs.nbc.ca
You will create an online profile and upload one .pdf file (maximum 2 GB – use a lower resolution if needed) that contains your cover letter, resume and copy of your most recent transcripts ensuring that the document name reads as follows First Name Last Name – University Name (eg. Susan Richards – Western)
Important Note – Failure to submit all required documentation will result in your application being declined.
We thank all candidates who apply; However, due to the volume of applications we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted for a first round interview.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic