Summer 2023- Insurance- Sales Operations Intern
City : MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Please note: This posting is for an 4-month Student Summer 2023 placement with a start date of May 2023, and end-date of August 2023. In order to be eligible for this 4-month Student position, you must either:
- Be returning back to school after the work term end-date of August 2023; or
- If you are not returning back to school (i.e. are graduating in August 2023), you must require the work term as a mandatory component to in order to graduate successfully.
Please ensure that you meet these eligibility requirements before applying - candidates who apply but are found to be ineligible are not able to be considered.
What is the opportunity?
Participates in and supports the operational activities of our Field Sales team at RBC Insurance. Applies experience and working knowledge of the job and policies/practices to perform a combination of routine tasks along with work on initiative and projects.
Sales Operations is all about supporting and enabling frontline sales teams to sell more efficiently by providing strategic direction with less friction in the process.
The Sales Operations Intern for RBC Insurance’s retail channel will work closely with colleagues to support the sales and operations business in various analysis, projects and initiatives. This position is open to post-secondary students currently enrolled in a university or college program. The ideal candidate has an interest in sales and operations, is keen, energetic, and willing to learn, this is a hybrid working opportunity from May through August 2023.
What will you do?
- Lead and assist with sales and operations initiatives and projects. Areas of focus will include recruitment, premises, events, operations, equipment, budgets, reporting etc.
- Provide analysis and improve reporting tools to assist with sales recruitment
- Work with sales leaders on national meeting content and presentations.
- Work on recruitment planning & onboarding projects
- Respond to recurring and ad hoc requests from internal business stakeholders.
- Assist with presentation decks for national calls
- Assist with sales planning & projections.
What do you need to succeed?
- Currently enrolled in a Canadian Post-Secondary Institution
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office, specifically excel and PowerPoint
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity and experience with the insurance industry.
- Previous work experience in sales or operations management.
- Enrolled in or have taken business courses.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on being challenged to do our best, to be progressive thinkers and keep growing, and to work together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds from across Canada
- Participate in fun events and gamification challenges to help build your career tool kit while enjoying a work-life balance
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and learning opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and highly performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Enjoy a comfortable work environment with the option to dress casually
This role will be primarily work from home and may require on average 1 day a week in the office.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.