Summer 2023 Co-op: Network Planner
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Co-op
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the team:
The Wireless Network Access Planning team is part of the Rogers Communication engineering function. We plan and implement the new cellular sites and In-building systems to enhance the network capacity and coverage in order to fulfill the service and quality requirements of our rapid growing wireless business.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the development of network build plans and network augmentation plans. You will work closely with network planners to assist them with network analysis, planning documentation/specification and budget exercises.
What you will do...
The ideal candidate will be responsible in assisting Wireless Access Network Planners with:
- Statistic analysis for network performance and capacity dimensioning.
- Identify problematic network performance area and incorporate into the existing and future plans.
- Help develop in year plans – site prioritization, capacity upgrades, project cost benefit analysis and research market reviews.
- Provide network documentation/specifications related to new site acquisition and build.
- Assist in developing in Capital Budgets.
- Automate processes to improve efficiency.
- Coordinate with Radio, Civil, Implementation engineering teams for project tracking and general cost accounting.
- Conduct post-mortem studies for event incidents and new site build.
What you will bring...
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution pursuing Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Basic knowledge of wireless access network, knowledge in radio propagation theory, radio transmitter and receiver circuits, cellular system principles and two-way land mobile communications will be an asset.
- Experience with GIS tools and analysis can be considered as an asset.
- Nice to have programming skills in data mining and automate process.
- Highly motivated individual with superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate plans and solutions to both technical and non technical audiences.
- Team Player who can work with both technical and non technical individuals and facilitate completion of tasks and projects.
- Experience in finance and accounting is a plus.
- The ability to take direction and report on current status.
- A self-starter with the ability to pick things up quickly
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
- As part of the Recruitment process, successful Candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks
What you can expect in return…
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment