Summer 2023 Co-op: Cable Headend Co-op
City : Kitchener, ON, CA
Category : Co-op
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind, to bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream.
We believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
About our Co-op Program:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your term with us! We’re looking for motivated students who want to make an impact. Your co-op experience at Rogers will prepare you for the real world and will empower you to take on challenging work after you graduate. Throughout your term, you’ll gain first-hand exposure to what life is like at our organization. You’ll work alongside industry professionals who will support your overall growth, and you’ll be responsible for business-impacting work that will help you transition into the various new grad opportunities we offer post-graduation. We want you to explore our organization so you can find your fit within it.
Cable Headend Network Team:
We are the leaders in bringing entertainment services to Canadians, we led the way to connect Canadians as we deploy future technologies. We need the next generation of talented and passionate people to pave the way to our next greatest innovation. Be at the forefront of technology by maintaining this technology. This constant evolution, alongside the depth of our network, will constantly challenge and develop your innovation and critical thinking skills.
What you will be doing:
You will gain the experience with an understanding of the world-class Cable and Fibre-to-the-Home Network, including commissioning and maintenance of facilities throughout the Rogers Network to achieve optimum service levels for our customers.
• Currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution pursuing a Diploma/Certificate in Electronics
• Understanding of fibre transmission protocols would be beneficial
• Knowledge of TCP/IP/ethernet would be an asset
• Travel is required 100% of the time
• Understanding of RF and fibre concepts
• High aptitude for problem-solving, performing analysis and troubleshooting skills
• Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and have a good driving record
• Must be a self-starter and work independently with minimal supervision
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment