Substation SCADA Engineer
City : Calgary, AB
Category : ERI - Power
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
CALGARY, TORONTO, MONTRÉAL OR ELSEWHERE IN CANADA.
If you are looking to join a world-class team in the renewable energy industry, while being part of a team with strong roots in its environment, join WSP, one of the largest engineering and consulting firms in the world. The company's expertise ranges from conceptual designs and feasibility studies, through full detailed engineering and performance monitoring, to closure and decommissioning.
Our Power Canada Division supports our clients from coast to coast. Over decades, we have developed a wide range of services, including technical study preparation in niche areas, project management, detailed design and site services. Our expertise is recognized throughout the market for both development and rehabilitation projects. Our experts work together to provide our clients with services that live up to our vision of meeting the highest industry standards and innovating to exceed them.
This position is within the Renewable Energy market sector of the Power Division. This market sector specializes in wind, solar and battery storage and related to the transmission of electricity. We work in collaboration with public and private sector clients on innovative projects that allow our team members to prove their expertise and to train a new generation of passionate people.
In order to meet these growth challenges, WSP is currently looking for SCADA Engineer to join our National Electrical Team, located in one of our offices in Canada.
The position is available in our offices in Calgary, Toronto, Montréal or elsewhere in Canada.
What you can expect to do with us:
As a substation SCADA engineer, you will provide office and field support related to the configuration, testing, deployment, commissioning and documentation of substation SCADA systems consisting of automation devices/products such as remote terminal units (RTUs), automation controllers, intelligent electronic devices (IEDs) and human machine interfaces (HMIs).
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Review substation design drawings to identify all possible SCADA inputs and outputs;
- Generate point lists based on elementary wiring diagrams, equipment manuals and off-taker requirements (independent system operators, transmission facility operators, owners, equipment manufacturers);
- Configure, test, deploy and commission RTUs;
- Develop, test, deploy and commission HMIs;
- Document SCADA systems.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in the substation automation environment;
- Familiarity with substation design, components and operation;
- Experience configuring RTUs (SEL RTACs, Eaton SMP, GE D20);
- Experience working with various HMI platforms including SEL Diagram Builder, Wonderware Intouch;
- SubNET Solutions SubSTATION Explorer and Inductive Automation Ignition;
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting communication protocols such as DNP3, SEL and Modbus;
- Solid understanding of computer network design, configuration and troubleshooting;
- Experience and knowledge required to safely work on and around high voltage equipment, transformers;
- disconnects, switchgear, etc.;
- Excellent English language communication skills - both written and verbal.