Student Services Representative – Temporary Part Time
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Temporary Part Time
Hours: Up to 24 hours/week
Pay band: 09A
Pay Rate: $20.98
Posting Date: March 25th, 2021
Closing Date: March 31st, 2021 at 7:00pm EST
The Student Services Representative reports to the Manager within the Learning Support Centre. In alignment with Mohawk College’s mission and values, the incumbent provides broad administrative, customer service and event support within the areas that the Centre supports, including but not limited to: Peer Tutoring Services, Learning Support Services, and Student Success Programming.
The Learning Support Centre is an active Student Resource space. As such, the incumbent provides superior customer service for a diverse range of clientele, including students, staff, faculty and community members who use the services, as well as the spaces within the Centre.
As the service area mentioned above hosts events throughout the school year to support students, evening and weekend hours may be required occasionally for event support and outreach activities.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Data and student usage metric tracking
- Assists in the data tracking of event and program attendance.
- Responsible for inviting student feedback on services provided.
- Tracks attendance records for Full Time employees.
- Monitor and record student usage of space.
- Reports on student appointment data to manager.
Front desk reception/triage
- Front desk reception to provide students, staff, faculty and general public with information in regards to services available – in person, via the telephone and email.
- Triaging and booking appointments with students referred from College services.
- Providing administrative support to all Learning Support Centre programs and service areas.
- Maintains a well-organized reception, lounge and office area.
- Facilitate the ordering of office supplies.
Event support and outreach.
- Assists in the planning and organization of events within the Student Success Initiatives portfolio, including but not limited to: Peer Tutoring and Academic Support events, etc.
- Assists in the promotion of events through website maintenance and social media.
- Assists in the setup and facilitation of events within the Student Success Initiatives portfolio, including but not limited to: Peer Tutoring and Academic Support events, etc.
Other duties as assigned by the Manager
The successful applicants will have:
- A minimum of two-year post-secondary education in Education, Student Affairs/Services, or Counselling Techniques, Professional Coaching Designation.
- Minimum one year of practical experience providing administrative support in a post-secondary setting is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working within student leadership.
- Organized and able to adapt to changing work environments.
- Experience working with social media tools would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience working with and supporting a diverse student/client population.
- Proficiency in/experience with business computer applications including MS Word, and Excel, Access plus Internet researching skills and basic familiarity with office procedures is necessary. Ability to learn and adapt to new software applications is important.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of student leadership administration theories, approaches and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating workshops, event and managing projects.
- Knowledge of College programs, systems and learning technologies is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted regarding an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources (905) 575 - 2047 if you require an accommodation.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.