Student Operations Assistant
City : Sussex
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Forestry and logging
Employer : J.D. Irving
STUDENT OPERATIONS ASSISTANT – SUMMER 2024 – WOODLANDS DIVISION
• Are you looking for a summer job which enables you to work with a team of industry-leading professionals?
• Do you want to gain hands-on experience that could lead to full-time employment upon graduation?
• Does a job with real responsibilities and making meaningful contributions interest you?
These positions support our road construction, transportation, and harvesting operations. Operations students are paired with a professional Operations Supervisor to ensure your success in achieving meaningful job responsibilities. These positions provide an understanding of the business, while enabling practical experience in managing a commercial forestry operation.
What We Offer:
- A fun outdoor working environment.
- A team-based work effort that supports you to succeed.
- We are committed to financially supporting your education with established incentive programs that increase with ongoing work terms.
- We expose you to our diverse operations and connect you with senior leadership to ensure meaningful work experiences that lead to career opportunities upon graduation.
- Along with competitive wages, company vehicles and uniforms are provided.
- Accommodations or subsidization for accommodations may be available for certain positions in specific regions.
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at a recognized post-secondary institution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, organization, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
- Previous supervisory experience is considered an asset
- Valid class 5 driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 19,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.