Student / Intern – Environmental Services (Summer 2023)
City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Student / Intern - Environmental Services (Summer 2023) - ( 220004DM )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Stantec's Prairies & Territories Environmental Services Team in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan currently has Summer Student opportunities for the upcoming field season. As a summer student, your role would include but not necessarily be limited to: field and office work with our Site Assessment, Remediation and Response Team; Hazardous Materials, Air & Noise Team; Assessment and Permitting Team; Water Resources Team; and/or Ecosystems Team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assisting technical staff with various project tasks including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, and preparing technical reports.
- Field work including environmental site assessments; construction monitoring support; soil sampling, groundwater monitoring and sampling; aquatics and terrestrial monitoring support; waste auditing; hazardous building materials assessments; and indoor air quality monitoring.
- Participating in proposal and/or report preparations, may perform calculations; gather, review or report information; and/or prepare standard document sections.
- Complete other administrative duties, as required.
- Available to travel within and potentially outside Saskatchewan; working in a wide range of climatic conditions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction.
- Basic understanding of waste management concepts and environmental legislation.
- Basic understanding of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystem interactions and their components.
- A successful drug/alcohol screening may be required.
Education and Experience
In progress toward earning or have completed a Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in an Environmental related field.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Organization : BC-1114 Environmental Services-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 30, 2022, 6:15:44 PM
Req ID: 220004DM
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans